SlotForum banner
2841 - 2860 of 3169 Posts

·
Registered
12,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,842 ·
Lots of laps on the Mess this afternoon. I'm rather warming to Shatto-nerf-duh-Carp. It adds Je ne sais quoi and subtracts a helluva lot. The woman who sold it to me for a fiver remains under the self-imposed supposition that I bought it for my grandchildren. I told her it's for me to play with when I get bored (perish the thought) with reading The Three Bears, but was not believed. Poor fool.
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Car Motor vehicle
Car Motor vehicle Wheel Mode of transport Tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
12,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,844 ·
My many thanks to you, Mark. Gosh, another three years have ticked by with a couple of 'em spent trying to avoid Covid. All a lot of fun thanks to the many marvellous contributions from everyone.

In an increasingly perilous world, it's a luxury to escape into 1:32 miniaturisation - the real world - and I therefore thank everyone for your comments, suggestions, humour, brilliance and inspiration. Onward, chaps. Many more of 'em, too. Years that is.
Hood Azure World Paint Automotive lighting
Bottle Drinkware Product Glass bottle Paint
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
239 Posts
Not an Airfix, but... my wife dragged me into a store where the latest version of the Cabbage Patch Kids is in full swing... American Girl, where one can spend thousands of dollars in a matter of minutes. Lo and behold though, they do have this nice Beetle available. I didn't have the courage to look at the price, probably more than some full scale beaters.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
946 Posts
One certainly hopes that the cannon is only a shot across the Beetle boot, and not a fusilade or full broadside. I shudder to think a 12pd shot combined with a Beetle....most disagreeable. Not to mention what Ghandi might say about a through-and-through ending up in the chip van.....dangerous times, man.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
As has been written in the ancient law scrolls of the elves that live in the darkest depths of the castle and will never see the light all canon balls have been replaced with marsh mellows in case
1) someone should think they are giant gob stoppers and try to eat them.
2) someone could get hurt by them.

·
Registered
12,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,849 ·
Paul

I'd not noticed the proximity of the cannon to the track. Potentially, a most disagreeable altercation with egregious results. Useful for threatening errant dragons, though, eh?

Keith

You're right. I need elves. A good suggestion. Wonder where I might find elves. Their unrivalled stealth might come in useful for keeping the rabble in order, which is very necessary. Gits, all.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
As has been written in the ancient law scrolls of the elves that live in the darkest depths of the castle and will never see the light all canon balls have been replaced with marsh mellows in case
1) someone should think they are giant gob stoppers and try to eat them.
2) someone could get hurt by them.
Isn’t it dwarves that live in the darkest depths, not elves? If I remember my ‘Lord of the Rings’, elves are are spelt-styled superior beings with pointed ears who live in woodland health spas and not castles………😸
Mike

·
Registered
12,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,853 ·
La Nina, as opposed to el Nino, is a complex weather pattern that lasts several months, brings bad weather, and is getting on my nerves, for it's constantly wet, windy and cold. Utterly hopeless trying to paint bodyshells, but there's nothing I can do about it, so it's probably best to stop moaning.

Another Beetle forging ahead, which is pleasing because Mrs Grumpy's at the cinema out of harm's way. Excellent!
Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Hood Azure World Paint Automotive lighting

·
Registered
12,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,855 ·
But Keith, the prob I've always had with darkness is candles. Light just one and I end up with my hair on fire. Lots of illumination as a result but not good for my health or longevity.

Anyhow, I've added a rear wing to the Beetle to celebrate this year's Le Mans. Sporty d'ya see?
Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle Motor vehicle
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Blue

·
Registered
946 Posts
A sporty wing is jaunty indeed, particularly in black of course.

LOTR anorak: the elves of Nargothrond would beg to differ regarding living in caves. Although that was looooong before LOTR to be fair.

And on that bombshell.....back to marshmallows.

·
Registered
12,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,860 ·
Amazing coincidence. I've just finished reading The Hobbit for the third time this year, and have just embarked, yet again, on LOTR. I've often wondered which cars all the characters might have driven in a more modern age. Tolkien is known to have disliked cars and, by all accounts, was an awful driver.

I always see Aragorn in a 930, Gandalf in an S-Class Merc and Radagast the Brown in a fast Beetle infested with small animals asleep in the upholstery. Now wondering if LOTR figures are available in 1:32. Hmm...
Hood Automotive lighting Water Motor vehicle Automotive design

2841 - 2860 of 3169 Posts