Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel Toy Automotive design
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle
Toy Recreation Machine Event Fan
Orange Organism Toy Art Beak
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Ah, slot car racing! Nature's answer to the 'real' world. Another famous Mess meeting last evening with all the classic hallmarks in place of verbal abuse, foul language, cheating, spectator whingeing - soggy chips - and an absent Mrs Grumpy.

Spiders, Beetles and 1970s' Scalextric F1 to finish, all washed down with a glass of beer.

Note to self: I won, I won, I won. What a git!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Another black VW Beetle, Laurence, surely not.... Yawn. :p

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,085 ·
But no wing, Grumpy, so 'radically' different from the last one. A change of colour, perhaps? If so, what do you advise, please?

A change from black. Hmm. A difficult one to process but I will try. Promise.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,087 ·
Good suggestion, Keith. Night is a good alternative, I'm sure. To be investigated. Might take a while because Mrs Grumpy's got some damnfool idea that I shall be accompanying her on an 'outing' this weekend. It'll be a garden centre, of course, so I've made plans to go basejumping, wearing nothing more than a sturdy tweed jacket and non-matching shoes.

A Beetle below in 'Night' as an alternative to black.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
282 Posts
, so I've made plans to go basejumping, wearing nothing more than a sturdy tweed jacket and non-matching shoes.
Trisha,
Which part of BASE jumping are you planning? Or do you have all four in mind? :unsure: And, if you are going to be wearing only a tweed jacket and mismatched shoes be careful whilst doing up the leg straps on your 'chute!

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Not all nights (and Knights) are black....a Pale Moonlight shade might be new. Lol

And the shoes....good heavens man, risking your well being like that. Oh, the humanity!
Socks are one thing, typically contained (but still generate a local Force 10 when spied unmatched). But visible unmatched footwear? Forfend, nay heaven forfend!
We had better to pledge all chips to Ghandi and whiskey to Haddock than to risk such a gale.

And by the by.....I do so appreciate how spyders (with or without stingers) crush their arachnid namesake if the latter ventures to the track.

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,091 ·
Gosh, Peter, I didn't know there are four types of basejumping, and thanks for the advice about straps. Might have to change my shoes, too. Perhaps I'll wear them on the wrong feet, for easier identification if the 'chute fails.

"Oh, we know who that is. Odd shoes on the wrong feet..."

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I knew a girl who had a pink Beetle. The physics teacher had a white Beetle with a Japanese Air Force style red dot.

How's that for left field ideas Laurence?

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,095 ·
Happy to hasten to the Mess last evening as Mrs Grumpy voluntarily connected her electric television set to the National Grid for the purpose of absorbing her fave prog. 'Gardeners World' is broadcast by the BBC specifically to annoy me by featuring people with weird, irritating voices.

Longer than usual to calm down last night, but many laps with an RSK and a few Beetles did the trick. Enduring happiness followed, as did peaceful sleep, until a nightmare featuring a multitude of people with irritating voices, and a full bladder, alerted me once again to the perils of the conscious world.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,097 ·
Despite a long list of plausible, and wholly unbelievable, excuses, I can't get out of it. Into stripey blazer and matching shoes for a garden fete. Garden fate is more accurate. Cucumber sandwiches and polite conversation on the lawn, followed by soporific coma at potted plants, neatly laid out borders and much gorping at fools in funny hats.

A few laps at The Mess with a Heb before impingement by the world of incomprehensibles, therefore. Bedtime soon.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,100 ·
There is regret in the HR2 postal district this gaily illuminated afternoon. Mrs Grumpy dragged me to a garden fete where, after a most agreeable strawberry cake and tea, I found a stall flogging things. Among the stolid effects there was an 'enchanted' Castle.

Battery operated it not only has red glowing eyes, but a 'voice' emulating an egg-laying hen. I am delighted, Mrs Grumpy is not. She even resorted at one egregious moment to using the kind of language the Danes and Vikings articulated years ago when, after attacking the North East of England, they came across a large contingent of incomprehensible Geordies who didn't know the way to Sunderland, either...

A most fruitful and fulfilling a'ternoon.
Toy Lego Motor vehicle Toy vehicle Art
Toy Souvenir Art Recreation Event
Tire Green Product Wheel Toy
Wood Toy Art Tree Flooring

3081 - 3100 of 3509 Posts