SlotForum banner
3121 - 3140 of 3509 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
I think I've just sussed how you keep Mrs Grumpy confused as to how many Beetles you have. Using the same reg number on lots of them so you can say it's the same car. 😁 😄 🤣 😄🤣

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,128 ·
Definitely to be raced on Thursday, Paul. The latest Beetle is smooth, quiet and goes well. Extra security probably needed soon, too. Can't risk anything being blown, or Mrs Grumpy trespassing at The Mess.

"And you can get that stupid castle off the kitchen table, as well."

Stealth, discretion, underhand deviance and silence will continue to be exercised on a daily basis. No alternative.
Water Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
Photograph Art paint Paint Water Liquid

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,132 ·
A Three-Castles cock-up, Daniel. 'Tis a mess. Tis The Mess, and it remains far from finished. Regrettably, I caught Mrs Grumpy spying earlier. She left the house after informing me that I'm in borderline idiot/imbecile territory, and administering a Force 10 for wearing my pyjama trousers back to front.

Female intuition and advanced perspicacity. Both are dangerous. Disturbing, too.
Building Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Curtain
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Toy Urban design

·
Registered
13,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,134 ·
Very possibly, Pat. I informed Mrs Grumpy of this riveting statistic earlier today. She wasn't impressed and reacted most vocally by barking: "And if you think you're going to replicate this fiction in model cars around the house and garden, you can bl**dy well think again..." Most thoughtfully, she added: "Imbecile!"
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
514 Posts
The nice thing about cider is that after the first couple it really doesn't matter how rough it, or the establishment serving it*, is.

*Former denizen of the Barley Mow in Bedminster here. With that, and the dodgy chip shop up the road, amongst other follies, I'm amazed I survived my 20s.

3121 - 3140 of 3509 Posts