SlotForum banner
3401 - 3420 of 3515 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
True, Paul, but she wasn't executed. Apparently she was the only wife of Henry V111 who didn't annoy him by playing David Bowie records until the early hours. Enough to drive any chap around the twist.
As requested Mrs Grumpy I have fitted all the Beatles with mr Bowies greatest hits on 8 track machines
Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,407 ·
By contrast here's a nice girl who only listens to Ken Dodd, Norman Wisdom and Cliff Richard. "Also enjoys nights in, nights gin, bawdy films, railway timetables (illustrated), reading other people's diaries, wondering why Brian May married Anita Dobson, talking about fungal infections, and taking photographs of expensive yachts in the Greek Islands.

"Please send photo of Beetle."
Land vehicle Vehicle Hairstyle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,412 ·
'Twas all about streamlining for the coming of the new Motorways, Keith, but designers of the 1930s could never have foreseen what a mess these roads would be today.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
264 Posts
True, Paul, but she wasn't executed. Apparently she was the only wife of Henry V111 who didn't annoy him by playing David Bowie records until the early hours. Enough to drive any chap around the twist.
Didn't Jayne Seymour leave Henry VIII for James Bond?
I'm pretty sure I saw her hooked up with him in Live and Let Die.

Beetles and many other vehicles would run just fine for many years to come and not end up being banned due to emissions, if only the idiot planners woke up and realised you get less concentrated pollution and conjestion if you enable them to actually move!!
Instead they seem to go to any lengths possible to slow down and even stop traffic for hours on end, beit city or motorway, which results in the pollution and conjestion they were complaining about in the first place, as the vehicles are at their least efficient.

Eventually when people realise they've been sold a Pig in a poke, the only thing left available for hire as transport will be.......

Shanks' Pony!

PS nothing against Planners per say but I think the only thing they are good at planning are the disasters they (intentionally) create.

Long live Beetles!

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,417 ·
We pitted a Carrera 904 on 'urethanes against an Airfix Beetle last evening. The 904 is a most excellent slot car for home use - especially with its mag removed - but was lapped by the Beetle in each heat. And rightly! Pah, tut, and thrice pah!
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
13,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,418 ·
I failed miserably to finish a heat with this black Beetle at our weekly do on the Mess last evening. Chum Nicholas told me that, when he was at boarding school in Africa, he had a none-too-bright friend who, against house rules and prevailing regulations governing common sense, placed powerful fireworks in each of his ears and one in his mouth.

All three were ignited with rather compelling results. Those in his ears rendered him completely deaf, and the one in his mouth blew his front teeth out...

Laugh..? Rather, yes. For a very long time.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

3401 - 3420 of 3515 Posts