SlotForum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1341 Posts

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,241 ·
My post above is prima facie evidence of my incompetence in trying to navigate the foibles of the new Forum. Doubtless there will be more before mastery starts to overtake ineptitude. My apologies, therefore.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Nonsense Laurence. I think you quoted yourself perfectly. Some days are more quiet than others. ;)

Try reducing the photo size? I'm able to post like normal. The "insert photo" icon is located between the chain, and camera icons. It looks a bit different than the old one.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hi Laurence, as far as I can see most things are still here as before you just need to find them. As Ken said to insert an image you just need to click on the "insert image" icon and if you then click on the box the old file base file insertion method appears. If you click on the three dots at the top of the screen by your avatar you will find a FAQ option and I have found this to be very good and helpful. Even better is that with an image you can now, on a PC at least, right click on it and select copy, this also works with images online as you can right click in your browser and select copy image, and the paste it directly in your post at the current cursor location, no more having to download on line images.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,244 ·
Ken and Keith

My thanks to you both. I'm told that I have probs with my tablet, which might have to be replaced. For now I will persist, and can only apologise if my posts throw up digital garbage.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,248 ·
It's the driver about whom I'm most concerned, Matthew. Only just spotted that due to his stance and complexion, he might actually have contracted some frightful illness.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,249 ·
Thanks for your advice above, chaps, about attaching pics. A glitch with my tablet seems to have been corrected, which probably means that the production line can be re-started soon-ish.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,251 ·
After months of neglect I finally managed to sort this little Hebmueller out yesterday, and raced it last evening. Fitted with excellent tyres and a 21.5k Slot It motor, it's most commendably fast. Not quite as quick as an NSR 917, but not too far behind.
IMG_20210604_191312.jpg

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
After months of neglect I finally managed to sort this little Hebmueller out yesterday, and raced it last evening. Fitted with excellent tyres and a 21.5k Slot It motor, it's most commendably fast. Not quite as quick as an NSR 917, but not too far behind. View attachment 275104 View attachment 275104
That VW sure looks good! Imagine that with double carburator and the sting, must be really loud! Congrats👍

·
Registered
391 Posts
Inspired!

One of my favorite slot car feelings ... finishing an incomplete that has been languishing a while.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,256 ·
Thanks for your kind comments above, chaps. A pleasure to read as usual. In posting a pic of this recently finished Beetle above, I omitted to thank Splitrim for his generous donation of the kit. My most grateful thanks.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,257 ·
Below, a pic of erstwhile drummer of The Buzzcocks , John Maher, whose last tour with the band in America, was undertaken solely to fund the building of his drag-racing Beetle.

A quiet, softly-spoken chap, John is possibly the most unlikely punk rock musician to ever exist, whose life after music became totally immersed in the VW Beetle world.

Jus' sayin'.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,258 ·
Another photo of John Maher's drag Beetle, funded from his last American tour as drummer of the punk band, The Buzzcocks.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
As you should well know, Trisha, never judge a book by it's cover. :p:geek:

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,260 ·
Absolutely right, Grumpy. Below, another Beetle luminary. Former deputy editor of The News of the World, Laurie Manifold, bought his first Beetle in 1953, and in the 1960s became one of Britain's most successful exponents of autocross/rallycross. Laurie was one of Fleet Street's rare journos who didn't drink alcohol, and used Beetles in competition as an antidote to the stress of crime reporting.

1241 - 1260 of 1341 Posts