SlotForum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1341 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Laurence this could be yours's for 22.80eu

A2M 15162 - VW Beetle Hebmueller Cabrio - unpainted Resin Kit - 1:32

Almost forgot postage from Germany is 24.00eu uninsured !

Payment terms..

Despatch ONLY as an uninsured parcel without tracking and solely to the address retrieved in Ebay/Paypal; If you wish to have tracking and insurance, please email and ask for a quote (usually at least another Euro 20,00)

Paypal Payment for NON European buyers must be issued to "Friend or Family" and received within 3 days after purchase. If Paypal payment is NOT made to 'Friend or Family" an additional Euro20,00 for postage with tracking/insurance will be charged.

This guy had a few bodies I could have been interested in but not with those conditions of sale, Porsche 550 and 910/6 among others.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,282 ·
Thank you, Keith. Most thoughtful of you. Worthy of investigation, but I'm not altogether happy with the situation I've experienced lately. As you've pointed out above, the terms and conditions seem to be loaded against us.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,284 ·
Plastic fools try the Milliput hood for size and find that it fits. A little grinding and reshaping required methinks. Not used to this putty lark yet.

Meanwhile, it's cider weather in the HR2 postal district, and Captain Haddock takes a dip to cool off in his customary manner. Greedy git.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,286 ·
Thanks again, Keith. I found two more Airfix Beetle kits today while searching for a mislaid box of custard tarts, which is just one reason for Mrs Grumpy labelling me this evening (again) as "an imbecile without a clue".

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Also if here counts us as Non-European then the only way I can see to make a payment, as friend and family, is direct from Pay-Pal by passing ebay's payment system and the loosing all payment protection of both ebay and Pay-Pal.
Does anyone know what happens about the U.K. 20% VAT tax which eBay usually collect automatically from the buyer if you pay like this?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The buy now price already includes the 20% vat, 19.00 eu in Europe and 22.80 to UK, so if you pay the buy now price to the seller as a friend or family payment then the full amount goes to the seller and he will make an extra 20% on the sell as he will just make the transaction paid. At least that's how I assume it would work. It's also listed as a private sale so it looks like VAT is only being applied to the UK as I have tried a few other destinations and the all come up at 19.00 eu as the buy now price. Another Brexit rip off. 🤬

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,290 ·
A new chassis kit arrived from Pendle yesterday, which is good news, but I'm far from happy with the yellow paint finish on the body, and the hood will have to be ditched in favour of a new one.

Don't mind admitting to my failures and this is another one, so I'll try again in a quest to get it right. If at first you don't succeed...

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,291 ·
A replacement hood roughly hewn from Milliput this very morn. Time will tell if it's an improvement upon the original. Meanwhile, I await sunshine with a view to repainting the body.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Very good,Trisha, but one criticism, I think that shade of yellow is a bit flat, it needs to be full-on gloss :cool:

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,293 ·
Grumpy

Only the flanks have been painted. All other surfaces are just overspray, which I hope will be corrected later today. My original plan of two-tone black over yellow seems to be fading, as I've run out of yellow paint, and the thought of driving to Abergavenny to buy more fills me with same dread I had as a child when a visit by an aunt, or several, loomed large on the horizon.

I remember a great aunt, too! What a creature. Even cave trolls and orcs would run for cover when she stomped around the landscape. She was the principal cause of food rationing during, and after, the War. The old bat was about 352 when she finally shuffled off. Apparently, the Almighty was not too keen on her joining Him...

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Aaaagggghhh! :mad: Not a black beetle? ... again! :cry:

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,296 ·
Plastic fools built the chassis 'smorn and plonked the body and putty hood on top. A trip to Abergavenny' s DIY shop yesterday revealed that they, too, had run out of yellow paint, so I've got a limited choice of body colours. Can't decide among cream, grey, gold and black, or a combination if two of these.

Might just go to sleep instead.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,297 ·
My Milliput representation of Porsche's 4-cam engine, which I'd planned to glue atop the electric motor, will have to be omitted. It protrudes so far above the body that it resembles a direction sign to a public lavatory. Ne'er mind. Can't win 'em all.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,299 ·
You've got a good point, Chappyman. I've got a spare Scalextric airbox somewhere... Think I might save it for the next project. Need to order a couple more of these widearch bodies.

1281 - 1300 of 1341 Posts