SlotForum banner
1321 - 1340 of 1520 Posts

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,321 ·
Prof Porsche on holiday in the alps in 1950. He frequently used this pre War Beetle as his daily driver after the War.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
A nice slice of history,Trisha. :cool:

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
The Pink Kar Beetle enhances the Fibreslot one you are building. Brilliant work.

The early Beetle with the headlights on the bonnet rather then the wings looks good. Pity cant delete the people in the painting so can see more of the cars.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,325 ·
Thanks, Matthew. Most kind of you. When you've got time - if poss, please - it would rather nice to see a pic in this thread of all your Pink-Kar Beetles. I know they don't belong in scratchbuilding, but they would certainly add most positively to the enthusiasm displayed by so many members thus far.

A photo or several might even encourage others to start building their own versions, which is largely why I've included a few historical pictures above.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,326 ·
With the old Prof supervising, progress has been hastened today. Wheel inserts, hood, windscreen, headlamps and tail-lamps all glued into place rather quickly. Just for once the epoxy, due to warm weather, is drying in the time claimed by its manufacturer.

There's just a chance I might be able to race this car during our weekly meeting on Thursday. Should be a good 'un.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,327 ·
With the exception of a few odds and ends, I think the Karmann cabriolet is probably about finished. Might get around to building another...

Many thanks to all for your interest.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Good to see your mechanics are competent at building a track ready Beetle. That's the influence of Dr Porsche's presence. He must be hoping for a chance to drive it.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,329 ·
"Ooh, I know, it's an absolute disgrace. She told me that the great, gormless, gorby rolled out of bed this morning at 4am, and started playing with his plastic cars. Apparently, he just sits there in his Y-fronts, drinking tea with some damnfool car going round and round and round..."

"I dunno how, or why, she puts up with it, but they reckon he's always been odd. Just sits there with a stupid grin on his face telling the cat about cars. Well, who else wants to listen?"

"I'd have ditched him years ago, but she can't claim she wasn't warned..."

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
My 6 Pink Kar Beetles, my favourite is the cabriolet as its charming and has a slower motor that doesn't whine like the Power Plus 1 motor in the others. I like their relaxing pace, it wouldn't be right for them to lap my track in a similar time to a LMP or Group C car. The red number 347 is a 1955 Mille Miglia car. The number 58 white car is an unlicensed version of Herbie which came with number 53 decals to replace the 58.
The roof light on the Feurwehr Beetle does light up but it's not noticeable.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,332 ·
Thanks for the Pink-Kar pictures, Matthew. Your cars look wonderful, especially against the backdrop of your immaculate diorama. I especially like the two-tone blue 1947 Colborne-Baber car.

A very creditable collection indeed. It adds very nicely to this thread. My thanks again.

·
Registered
7,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,334 ·
As far as I know Peter Colborne-Baber still owns the car. I once borrowed it for a week. A wonderful car in all respects.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Supongo que estos modelos ya los has visto y no se si en alguna de las 66 paginas anteriores algún compañero las ha puesto. Son los Beetle de Hobby Classic.

I suppose you have already seen these models and I don't know if a colleague has put them in any of the 66 previous pages. They are the Hobby Classic Beetles.

Frederic

1321 - 1340 of 1520 Posts