SlotForum banner
1341 - 1360 of 1620 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Frederic I didn't know about them, please post more photos of them.
Hola matthew,
Hobby Classic solo tiene dos modelos propios del Beetle, el tipo "caravan" en color azul o verde y un modelo "trailer" con la vespa en el remolque. En la web pone que el que lleva la vespa esta agotado.

Hobby Classic only has two own Beetle models, the "caravan" type in blue or green and a "trailer" model with the scooter on the trailer. On the web it says that the one who carries the scooter is exhausted.

Salut
Frederic

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Popped on over to the Hobbyclassic site thinking I'll get me one of those, turns out they are quite pricey and out of stock. look great though.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Popped on over to the Hobbyclassic site thinking I'll get me one of those, turns out they are quite pricey and out of stock. look great though.
The level of detail/presentation suggested it wouldn't be cheap hehehe. But they do look great!

As Im more into racing than shelf collecting, I tend to avoid cars with lots of details, because its common to see fly those bits ending in the slot, under the track, etc, and I dont like to call up Yellow Flag to search for those small parts(I know people who does).

Cheers

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Since this is Trishas thread and I know he loves Porsches 356, I thought leaving this cool link here

Timo Bernhard talking some history about the 356 SL in Lemans, enjoy it😀

Cheers

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Trisha asked me to post photos of my Pink Kar Beetles earlier in this thread so I thought I would post more photos of RTR Beetles.
This is a yellow Scalextric Beetle from the 1990 Monte Carlo Challenge. As you can see, the mirrors and roof spotlight are still in their packaging.

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,349 ·
Karmann cabrio in bits again to solve prob of stiff front axle. It's not rotating as freely as it ought. Just another little teething prob that can't be solved with Calpol. Ne'er mind. Back on the Mess soon-ish.

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,350 ·
Cabrio's front axle now revolving freely, but the car isn't quite as quick as its saloon or Hebmueller counterparts. The Milliput hood is authentically heavy, and certainly bogs overall performance down a little, but this is quite pleasing because the 1:1 cabrio wasn't as fast as the saloon, either.

To compensate for its innate lack of rigidity, the cabrio's body was reinforced with sturdy steel sections, which added substantially to the car's weight, as did the hood, of course.

Ho hum, another Beetle finished - I think. Thanks again for your interest.

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,354 ·
Whilst looking for old photos this morning I found a tin containing a Beetle, which came as a surprise as I can't remember having built it. Can't remember even having had laps with it on the Mess, either. Must have done I imagine.

Ah well, fun for later.

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,355 ·
Just enjoyed 100 laps around the Mess with this long-lost newly-discovered Beetle. It goes so very well that I might just have another 100 laps, preferably after Mrs Grumpy has stopped issuing tedious domestic commands about my day ahead. Get there gone, woman.

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,356 ·
A 5-place grid penalty for this Hebmueller today. Going well one moment, stationary the next, having started and given up smoking en route. Engine change, therefore. Hope the new one is as good as the one I've just removed.

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,357 ·
I recently fitted a new motor to this much-raced Hebmueller. Tried it on the Mess today, and found that a rear tyre was rubbing the body. Weird.

Happily, now corrected and going as well as ever. The joys of slot cars eh?

·
Registered
8,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,360 ·
Thank you most kindly, Mark. Now that restrictions have been relaxed a little, we are lapsing into competitive racing, the usual pre Covid abuse and banter, and enjoying a few 'serious' drinking 'accidents'...

...which I also recommend.

1341 - 1360 of 1620 Posts