SlotForum banner
1461 - 1480 of 1586 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I would suggest a new chassis for the Scalextric Beetle as its not great. I upgraded the magnet and tyres on 1 for my daughter and its still not great. Maybe at least replace all the running gear.
I think I saw one for the Beetle in Thingiverse, but not sure. 🤔

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,463 ·
I suspect that a PCS32 chassis kit would fit the bill well, and would allow for small diameter wheels which, of course, would have the advantage of lowering the centre of gravity. Could be a most worthwhile project.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I suspect that a PCS32 chassis kit would fit the bill well, and would allow for small diameter wheels which, of course, would have the advantage of lowering the centre of gravity. Could be a most worthwhile project.
You’re right, Trisha - it’s the huge F1-size wheels on the front which are the main problem, along with the high front ground clearance and floppy front axle. I’ve had some success fitting SRC Porsche 914/6 Fuchs wheels and tubing the front axle to set it at the right height, but it’s still a work in progress,
Mike

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,465 ·
Mike

Thanks for your post above. I've found time and again that, for the cars I like to build, the combination of the PCS chassis and Pendle's 13in wheels/tyres is truly excellent for my purposes.

Since I bought Carrera track some five years ago, my cars haven't needed chassis weight, either, and as you will recall I don't run with magnets.

Looking forward to seeing your next build.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,467 ·
The Singh brothers, Joginder and Jaswat, campaigned several Beetles on the Safari Rally. Their cars are eminently worthy of replicating in 1:32-scale, but finding time to build 'em all could lead to some kind of obsessional disorder.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Nothing in slot cars could lead to an obsessive disorder, just fun, skill, entertainment, excitement and a collection of model cars.

·
Jim Moyes
5,043 Posts
but finding time to build 'em all could lead to some kind of obsessional disorder.
I think the horse has already bolted there, Trisha! :whistle::giggle:

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Scratchbuilding has a broad definition. I really wish my cat would stop walking over, and sliding awf, my beloved Beetle. View attachment 278431
Uh! Pets can mod the cars, have a friend who got his brand new cars fenders chewed by his dogs(lovely to have two weeks with the car and find your Pets liked it too much) 😮.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I feel your pain. I was once driving up a friends long driveway with an old yellow 86 Camaro Z-28 and his 10-month old monster puppy shepherd saw me coming and ran straight up my hood! Ouch. Too late.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I feel your pain. I was once driving up a friends long driveway with an old yellow 86 Camaro Z-28 and his 10-month old monster puppy shepherd saw me coming and ran straight up my hood! Ouch. Too late.
Hehehe. I remmember had a dog(boxer), once I took it to a small Town but was a local festival with fireworks, the dog got so scared with the fireworks that jumped to the nearest car that was passing by, the driver looked also scared when he saw the dog jumping through the window but couldnt say who was more scared if the dog or the driver 😅

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hola Trisha
Hace días que quería subir alguna imagen de otro dibujante pero no sabía en que tema ponerlas. Las iba a poner aquí pero el sistema no me deja subirlas.
Eran de esta página: Pinturas de Diego Serrano

Hi Trisha,
For days I wanted to upload an image of another cartoonist but did not know what subject to put them on. I was going to put them here but the system won't let me upload them.
They were from this page: Pinturas de Diego Serrano

Frederic

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,477 ·
Beginning of the Touring Car race at Silverstone's International Trophy meeting in 1954. Look closely and it's just possible to see a Beetle on the far right of the picture at the rear.

Developing all of 30bhp...

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
If you look even closer. It looks as if there are two Beetles beside each other. One just to the left of the obvious one. :geek:

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,480 ·
Thank you, Ken. My eyesight is poor, but having expanded the page to maximum, and squinted, it looks very much as though you are bang on. Well spotted.

1461 - 1480 of 1586 Posts