SlotForum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1611 Posts

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,542 ·
Another chassis built up by plastic fools this afternoon with moral support from a loquacious, and particularly irritating, scarecrow called Geoffrey.

VW body has been plonked atop the chassis for now, as fools have downed tools for the day. They can't stand any more of BBC Radio 3, either, and will only return from the boozer when the wireless is switched firmly awf.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Many years ago my wife came home from Christmas shopping all excited about a new Beatles Christmas album. She thought it was funny because the songs were sung by animals. I grabbed the album from my wife's hands and read the title "Christmas songs by the Beastles". She missed an "S". We still laugh about it to this day.

Laurence. Looks like you also have a beastle hanging around with that camel standing there. I hope it doesn't sing. ;)

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,544 ·
Ken

Captain Haddock and the camel 🐫 usually lead with Christmas carols from 1 December, especially if booze supplies run low after uncle Bonkers has ransacked my pantry/fridge/drinks' cabinet/secret stash. The noise is unbearable.

Away In A Manger sounds like Punk Rock until they get their first couple of cases of Scotch, but tends to quieten down after my threats to accompany them on my banjo.

Incidentally, you might like to note that there are only 128 days left until Christmas...

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Ken

Captain Haddock and the camel 🐫 usually lead with Christmas carols from 1 December, especially if booze supplies run low after uncle Bonkers has ransacked my pantry/fridge/drinks' cabinet/secret stash. The noise is unbearable.

Away In A Manger sounds like Punk Rock until they get their first couple of cases of Scotch, but tends to quieten down after my threats to accompany them on my banjo.

Incidentally, you might like to note that there are only 128 days left until Christmas... View attachment 279730
Here in México, long time ago in Acapulco there was a donkey that drank beer... A camel would actually be a sight 😄

·
Registered
113 Posts
Here in México, long time ago in Acapulco there was a donkey that drank beer... A camel would actually be a sight 😄
When I was small, a long time ago, our garden backed on to a field owned by the landlord of the local pub. He kept a donkey there. Every morning, after flushing the pumps, or whatever landlords do before opening, he'd bring the resultant bucket of stale beer down to the field gate and present it to the donkey, who would down all 2-3 gallons of it in a matter of a few seconds, with every sign of enjoyment, then go and lean against our garden wall for a couple of hours, contentedly dozing in a haze of fermented hops. Lived to a ripe old age too, AFAIK.

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,548 ·
Running boards courtesy of yet another expired (I think) bank card, cut and fitted whilst listening to an especially tedious xylophone solo on especially tedious BBC Radio 3.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hope you don’t mind me clogging your thread up with the likes, Laurence - just thought they may inspire you to get the Milliput out!

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,552 ·
Gosh, no, Mark. Mind? All "clogging" most gratefully accepted at all times. Promise. Anything that takes me away from 'reality' (whatever that is), is welcomed, especially after a post-prandial visit by uncle Bonkers today.

I knew it was he by the familiar sound of thud, shake, screech and phwah of ancient Land Rover being brought to a halt by a stone wall that forms a fairly important structural part of my kitchen.

"A most fearful thing happened today, old brick, don'tchyaknow?" he appealed. A most familiar ruse. Sent him away with a drop o' the good stuff in the (forlorn) hope of a peaceful afternoon with Yours sincerely. Some bl**dy hope...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Your tales of Uncle Bonkers remind me of the creations of the dear departed John Cameron Andrieu Bingham Michael Morton aka Beachcomber :)

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,554 ·
Mark

Hadn't thought of it previously, but see the connection, perfectly. Harrow was always the prob. Always. To be avoided. I have a grandson...

Do what you will for 'em, eh! Nurture, cajole, support, lead, love and lend - the usual - and then... Uncle Bonkers arrives... along with familiar, familial desperation. Harrow! Tut! And tut again, say I.

If you want your offspring to come along with total dysfunction, and a most unhealthy interest in Land Rovers, post them (second class) awf to... Harrow!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Wow! That chasis is Mitoos or is it S&B?
Uf! eso no es mío, he hecho muchos chasis de regleta, pero más sencillos. El de las imágenes es medio coche y el chasis en S&B y puedes verlo AQUI.

Phew! that is not mine, I have made many strip chassis, but simpler. The one in the pictures is half a car and the chassis in S&B and you can see it HERE.

Frederic

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,558 ·
My latest Beetle has been sitting awaiting paint all week thanks to high levels of humidity, which is a bit of a bore. By way of change, I'm exercising unusual degrees of patience, which I'm given to understand (by plastic fools) is good for me.

Meanwhile, a picture of the 1932 Porsche Type 12 designed for motorcycle manufacturers, Zundapp.

1541 - 1560 of 1611 Posts