SlotForum banner
1861 - 1880 of 1920 Posts

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,861 ·
Trevor and Keith

Heat isn't usually the problem - yet. Home advantage is provided by the chip van's nightly speciality. Onion burgers with offal sauce and melted Camembert (three years old) served with a bulb of crushed garlic and a gallon of still cider usually provides slotting guests with slightly more than food for thought.

Most folk have been most complimentary about the close geographical proximity of the lavatory...

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,864 ·
All so very true, chaps. Quiet on the Mess 'smorn. Fools still in the Land of Nod after last evening's trad Friday evening excess. However, Mrs Grumpy's been on the electric telephone from afar already.

"Have you burnt the house down whilst I've been away?"

"Just what is it about wives, Jeeves?"

"I'd venture to propose the notion, Sir, that they have always provided anatomical interest but... Your morning tea, Sir."

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,865 ·
Can't recall winter ever putting much of a spring in my step but, if the BBC's soothsayers are correct, we're in for an Arctic blast that threatens to convert everyday H2O into ice. All so utterly unnecessary.

However, it's excuse sufficient for a spot of skiing on the Mess in p&q. Let sleeping dragons lie, eh? Usually best.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
It was somewhere around August of 1967. The World's Fair - Expo 67 was in full celebration in Montreal. The Monteal Star had a VW Beetle on the front page with ski racks, and California plates. It was 95F in the shade.

Someone told them everyone in Canada lives in an igloo. ;)

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,867 ·
Gosh, Ken, Expo 1967! Remember it well because a Canadian family I knew from Montreal arrived by boat in England and settled in Herefordshire. Nice people through whom I learned about the great Expo at that time.

Many thanks for jogging my memory.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,875 ·
A pic below of Kurt Hocker, Ivan Hirst's driver in the years after the War. Ivan loved driving himself but was always just as happy with a chauffeur. The second pic, posted previously, shows him sitting happily on one of my ol' cars during one of our many sojourns over the infamous Saddleworth Moor.

Must get around to building a slot version of my old Beetle.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Wow, what an improvement, but is it for the better ?
Somehow the images of 'The Mess' will always look better with that slightly ethereal, fantasy film feel.
The new images have the feel of turning the lights on in the middle of a horror movie only to reveal the special effects and props for what they are :LOL:

1861 - 1880 of 1920 Posts