SlotForum banner
1881 - 1900 of 1922 Posts

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,881 ·
Trevor

Oh dear. I fear you're right. Clarity on the Mess! Most disturbing and disquieting. One consolation, though. It won't last long.

Actually, I'm looking forward to a few laps later. Mrs Grumpy's at the seaside today, so the daily command list has just gone in the bin. Fix the drainpipe! Nope. Can't be bothered.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
World Motor vehicle Mode of transport Toy Working animal
Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Plant Toy Automotive tire Auto part
Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Wheel

·
Registered
562 Posts
I should say you have quite good control with the new tablet, sir.
One might expect that HD would sober the crowd, but I rather suspect not, in this case. Their antics being what they are, posterity is clearly no concern of theirs.

Cows in the stands, blessings in the pits. Hopefully the suspension (a Merc?) won't require supernatural support for the laps today.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,886 ·
Things are bound to get worse before they get better, Chappyman. Always do. Anyhow, American soldiers are clearing the way for various cars to find their way onto the grid, with the usual problems, so that I can indulge.

A Mess! The definition in the Oxford English Dictionary gives me hope - but not much.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Vehicle

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,887 ·
Rob

Quite so. At last I might have enough cyber power to post a video soon. Will have to wait until sundry family members arrive back from a day of decadence at the seaside, though. Need someone to hold my chips whilst trying to aim the camera and fend off thieving chip-loving dragons. Fire-breathing slobs.

Still in favour of the least line of resistance in peace at home in the hills.
Jaw Wood Art Aircraft Sculpture

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,889 ·
Keith

Perspicacious as ever. You, too, are bang on as usual. However, a more pressing prob. I'd just settled down to an afternoon of MessSport, and donned cans to enjoy fave noise pollution when...

... Mrs Grumpy plus entourage arrived back from the seaside with yarns of trauma. "Go and tell someone who wants to know," I appealed, and felt bound to add: "What do you expect wearing a bikini at this time of year in a Welsh shoe shop?"

"I'm not the sort of chap who's easily offended, Jeeves, but being branded as one of those is just a furlong too far."

"Will you be wanting your trombone for the remainder of today, Sir?"

I

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Rob

Quite so. At last I might have enough cyber power to post a video soon. Will have to wait until sundry family members arrive back from a day of decadence at the seaside, though. Need someone to hold my chips whilst trying to aim the camera and fend off thieving chip-loving dragons. Fire-breathing slobs.

Still in favour of the least line of resistance in peace at home in the hills. View attachment 287427
Laurence, I realized you have the modern Dunlop Bridge, now with the HD many details that were hidden to spectators eye come to light.

Did you build that Dunlop Bridge? Whenever you can please post some pics, looks very good 👍🏼

Daniel

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,891 ·
Daniel

Will do. Will try and post a few pics tomorrow. In the UK it's roughly 4.30 pm and daylight is beginning to fade. Cold as well. Might venture into the garden, light a bonfire and reflect on the wisdom of...

... piscinal jurisprudence. Fish and chips in the evening trough in other words. Will report back as soon as possible. And thanks!

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,894 ·
Daniel

Here's the Dunlop bridge you asked about. It's too small for 1:32 but I like it. Got it several years ago at a swapmeet. Made of resin it's heavy, and gets moved to different locations around the Mess from time to time.

Sundry creatures continue to cock their legs against it irrespective of where I put it...
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle
Car Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Daniel

Here's the Dunlop bridge you asked about. It's too small for 1:32 but I like it. Got it several years ago at a swapmeet. Made of resin it's heavy, and gets moved to different locations around the Mess from time to time.

Sundry creatures continue to cock their legs against it irrespective of where I put it... View attachment 287457 View attachment 287458 View attachment 287459
Oh! It’s probably H0 but it’s nice! I’m trying to get some ideas to build one for my track, I have already the Scaley but I’d like to have the modern bridge.😉

Thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Daniel,

The Carrera *** , can never remember the full name, German cardboard buildings website has a Dunlop bridge, can send you the files if you like. There's also a 3D one on Thingiverse here

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Oh! Thanks Beardy, looking at the 3dp pictures of the bridge, seems the old style right? Do you have the modern style bridge files for the cardboard? That’s the one I want as my track is modern era and not vintage.🙂

1881 - 1900 of 1922 Posts