SlotForum banner
1901 - 1920 of 1922 Posts

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,904 ·
Storm Arwen, which has been forecast by soothsayers to knock seven bells out of us later today, struck the HR2 postal district this very a.m. Gusting wind brought my daily cycle ride to a premature end because, frankly, a large white van is not the last thing I want to see before I die.

Self-incarceration at the Mess seems a sensible alternative for the rest of the afternoon. Provided there's a large helping of raw red meat in the trough for Mrs Grumpy when she returns I'm pretty much home and dry.
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,905 ·
A Gaydon purchase yesterday in the form of a Beetle service vehicle. Also useful as incarceration for plastic drunken fools who step out of line. Anyhow, another useful winter project, and something to do on Christmas Day while waiting for an especially vicious crocodile to cook in the oven.
Wood Automotive design Food Cuisine Machine
Toy Couch Wood Automotive design Bench

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,909 ·
Sorry, Pat, I can't recall the name of the outfit making the Auto-Union shells. The same chap also offers a Beetle hotrod. Someone, somewhere will be able to enlighten us, though. Probably.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
People don’t want changes but stability Laurence, too much colors in The Mess, that’s probably the cause of captain to hit the bottle again, probably will call the Black Beetle Police Strike Team😬

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,916 ·
Thank you all most sincerely, chaps, for wonderful contributions above. Much mirth rocking this end and, yes. I've been told off - and rightly. H20. Tut! Front-wheel drive. Tut, Tut and Tut again. Back to black, therefore. Sensible and proper. Decorum restored.

By attempting to protect fools on the Mess from folly, I've dabbled too closely with folly myself. A close shave... Now back from the thin end of the wedge.

First on the marital command list today? Contact the Parson by electric telephone. God moves in mysterious ways...
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think I can safely say that I approve of the new picture quality. Many delights are now revealed and 'The Mess' becomes a slot version of 'Where's Wally' (y)

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,918 ·
Thank you, Trevor. Your approbation is gladly accepted. I don't know what 'Where's Wally' is but, I will take a lead from your excellent strapline by the late Jonathan Williams. So true, eh!

Having just completed this week's grocery shopping, I think I'll shufty off to the Mess with a large one. Whilst there I shall wonder about all sorts of things. For now I'm just thankful I remembered to put my trousers on, buy cat food and get Mrs Grumpy's usual consignment of tonic H2O.

Not a good idea to forget any of these things.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,919 ·
Dettol! Purchased this very day. Should I use it for trying to save this Beetle body from its current livery, or put it in a glass for Captain Haddock's nightcap? A difficult decision especially as I don't know if this foul liquid will have the desired result. Any views chaps, please?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Liquid Photograph

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
If nothing else. The car will smell like "fresh cotton breeze". :)

If the decals are under the clear coat. I doubt that will touch it. Super Clean or Royal Purple degreaser should do it. But it will also remove most of the paint.

1901 - 1920 of 1922 Posts