SlotForum banner

More Airfix Beetles

364K views 9K replies 82 participants last post by  Zippy D 
#1 ·
This is what happens when passion gets out of hand. A clutch of Airfix Beetles on PCS chassis. Despite appearances no two are the same, and all have different characteristics on track. Fun to build but tricky in parts. Thank you again for your time in looking.

Attachments

See less See more
#5,993 ·
We used to think years ago that the Mk 1, from any manufacturer, was the best. "By the time they got around to the Mk 3, it had become fat, flabby, sluggish and decadent." Old boys, particularly, were most dismissive of 'improvements,' and frequently muttered about falling standards.

For me, the best things are still the originals, and seem to begin with the letter, 'B.' Bach, Beetles, Beer, Bollinger, Beef (from Herefordshire) and Sidney Blewitt from Walmington-on-Sea all fall into the category of the 'originals.'

Still not sure that the Mk 1s have been improved, have they?
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Hood Automotive tire

#6,012 ·
A better way of saving money would be a total ban on Bonkers, and the idiots, spending the entire morning messing around in the barn. The floor is 5ft thick with dung, as a result of which the Parson is plastered, the Brig can't stop laughing, and the ol' Judge has taken to an early luncheon. According to my aunt they're already talking jibberish, and for once, drinking their Scotch and not mine. Idiots.

#6,015 ·
Hmmm. Not seen that one. However it probably upset the Beetle's nicely balanced proportions less than the various ghastly stretch limo conversions I've seen.

Mind you, I've always loathed stretch limos as a species, and several years spent assessing them for roadworthiness just convinced me even more that they should all be sent to the crusher without mercy.