SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's
recently finished the latest two gems from George Turner Models the Ferrari 246 which I have modeled as Wolfgang Von Tripps 1960 #28 car, and the 1986 Bathurst winning Jaguar XJS. Those with keen eyes will note the Jag wheels are wrong as I used NSR BBS wheels while I am waiting for the correct inserts to arrive from George for the Slot It rims.

Cheers
phil

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE I`d love to see more photos of the Ferrari.

Hi Kev,
Your wish is my command, more Ferrari pics

Cheers
Phil

ps. as some one will ask - halfords red primer with Fiat racing red paint, PRS wire wheels with PP tyres, GT chassis, Scaleauto yellow can motor, Slot It blue crown & deep guide.
Cheers
Phil

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE Really nice.
Although I`m not a builder I always enjoy your NSCC articles.

Thank you Kev, but to be honest you don't need much in the way of building know how to make George's kits look great - just a quick wash n rub down after trimming of any light flash and spray and screw together. They are the most straight forward build you could wish for as everything fits properly - ideal for a first time build particularly if you use George's chassis that the kits come with - simples!

Cheers
Phil

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Really good to see more of your fine work on here Phil.

At the recent Wolves classic saloon event, George mentioned he would be producing the Bob Tulius Group 44 version of the XJS soon. Looking forward to seeing that.

Dave

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE Is the XJS a pre-release model or is it now availbale for order

Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response - yes the Ferrari & XJS are both available from George now, The Jag kit includes a detail dashboard moulding, roll cage, and chassis but not the wheel inserts. The inserts are due out soon and will be available from George as a seperate item along with the rest of his new wheel insert range.
Cheers
Phil

p.s. David, George mentioned to me as well that he might do the group 44 version - I really hope so!

·
Registered
183 Posts
QUOTE (Old23 @ 26 Oct 2011, 07:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are the detailed suspension bits on the Ferrari included with the kit or did you craft those yourself?

Beautiful work, by the way.

Old23

Hi Stewart.

I saw the kit was available last week on the GT Models website and had to have the Ferrari, the suspension bits are all resin castings that attach to the resin chassis. It is quite ingenious the way he accomplished it. There is a photo of all the parts included with the Ferrari on the website.

·
Philip Insull
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have now almost finished all 3 liveries of George's XJS so I thought I'd put a picture on - just got to swap the wheel inserts for GT's proper ones and Dunlop decal the tyres and they will all be done. Anyone else finished one yet if so lets see some pictures.

Cheers
Phil

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I have several of George's superb kits and I plan to build as many as my budget allows. IMHO, he is the best there is. Does anybody else agree with me that GT MUST make a Broadspeed Jag XJ12C?...
TED....

And some 1/24th ......

HPSCC - Scale racing on Merseyside...

·
Registered
194 Posts
[quote name='tedm' date='19 Jan 2012, 16:57' post='678166']
I have several of George's superb kits and I plan to build as many as my budget allows. IMHO, he is the best there is. Does anybody else agree with me that GT MUST make a Broadspeed Jag XJ12C?...
TED....

absolutely

1 - 19 of 19 Posts