SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been interested in the SCX digital system for a while now and while researching it on the internet one day came across the fact the SCX is now selling a more gradual lengthier version of their current LC mechanism. The problem is it is only available in Spain. Are any of you aware of this? The main problem is that after converting the price it is around 42 US dollars!

More pictures of the extra peices are found at the spanish Scalextric's site:
Spanish SCX Digital Webpage

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
That part looks a lot more like it - the set LC is just to harsh for my liking.

Mind, if you are into this stuff then the choice of two LC's for SCX is another selling point to counter the limitations of the cars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (McLaren @ 21 Jan 2005, 14:46)They have still wasted inches either side that they could have use to make it even longer IMO.

Andy
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It may look that way at first, but if you look closer thats because the junction part is black plastic so it can seem shorter than it is. To me, it looks like the slot rails actually start to deviate only 1 inch from the edge of the piece.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I know that SCX is also releasing a 2-pc double LC, but how can that be a picture of the SCX crossover? The SCX track is grey.

·
Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
QUOTE (darainbow @ 21 Jan 2005, 20:03)how can that be a picture of the SCX crossover? The SCX track is grey.It might be a rendered computer drawing???.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (darainbow @ 21 Jan 2005, 21:03)I know that SCX is also releasing a 2-pc double LC, but how can that be a picture of the SCX crossover? The SCX track is grey.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is the 2-pc double LC and it is grey (turn-up your contrast)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm more concerned about the Pit Lane section they're working on.

The latest Pics I've seen suggest that your not going to be able to pass all the way through and exit the Pits from the other end. They seem to have some dead-end parking spot marked out on the track section, but the rail doesn't carry on to the edge of the track.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In Brief...

I don't believe SCX and Scalex are connected anymore, they may have been in the past.

In Spain SCX is known as Scalextric and Scalextric is branded as Super Sport

Not exactly sure why or how...

Edit:

Just had another look at the Spanish site, they now also have Inner Curves and Borders listed as well as 1/4 straights... Bring it on I say

·
Registered
12 Posts
The following link shows the SCX pit options. This link is in spanish but you can use the google or altavista translation options. The pit is not a dead end. You were looking at the returning of a off car to the track option with out disrupting the other racers. Great idea by SCX.

slotcenter.net/circuites/1204_set_incorporacion_pasta_scalextric_digital.dam

·
Registered
198 Posts
QUOTE (Car Crazy @ 21 Jan 2005, 09:07)The main problem is that after converting the price it is around 42 US dollars!

Not as bad as the new Ninco pieces. The crossover averages about $55 for 2 pieces of track (180 degrees). Those aren't even digital, so they have no moving parts. It's ridiculous

1 - 17 of 17 Posts