SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Inspiring beautiful build and especially fab in black without decals. As a bonus it is better looking than the current crop of F1 cars. Would love to see more cars like this.

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Martin

It would be good to read a progress report on this fab car if poss, please.

Go well? Still in one piece? Similar projects under way?

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Autoavia

Betta and Classic have a number of special saloons' bodies in Lexan for under a tenner. Worth looking at their Website.

If your club hasn't a class for such cars, I advise that you start one.

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
I've just given up with plasticard. Poured boiling water on it and left in bowl for 3 minutes. Wrapped it around a cigar tube to get desired circular shape, and held it firmly in place with elastic bands.

Removed hours later. It immediately reverted to its flat shape and snapped in two. This has happened twice.

Presume I'm doing something wrong?

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Martin and Mike, thanks both for your invaluable advice. So much for the YouTube vid extolling the virtues of boiling H20.

Will get there in the end with my VW thundersaloon, but I'm in no hurry. Can't paint it yet anyway. Awoken to heavy rain again today so, with such a damp atmo, I'll spend the day trying to justify my existence in other ways.

·
Registered
10,453 Posts
Thanks John. Good idea. Will give it a go later. Incidentally,the GP Altas are still going well, and dropping oil on the track. Like to be as authentic as poss. Love 'em. Thanks kindly again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts