SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A straw poll...

Sorry about the UK bias, and if this has been doen before, but i was wondering what people considered their personal favorite model for under £30 was? (about Euro43, & US$56) considering livery, detail, and accuracy, don't worry about driv-ability.

paul w

·
Registered
474 Posts
On looks for me it would be mt Scalextric Mercedes "vodaphone" in silver or My FLY viper GTS-R "valencia" That I managed to pick up for £29.00

Doug

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Just went to look at my cars to try to answer this - they are all fabulous!!

Revell Cobra (I have #13) is certainly up there, I think it is Revell's best model for looks etc.

Scalextric? LMPs from the Cadillac Northstar (silver), Lola MG (Banana Joe) fab
other modern endurances like the new TVR, the Viper mk2
Carrera 575GTC - gorgeous...

Ninco RAIDs - very good looking and great to drive...

Fly - generally outside the price bracket, but saleens and corvettes, mmmmmmmmmm

the list goes on and on and on...

We are spoiled for quality choices these days (and don't let it stop!)

·
Registered
911 Posts
the Alesi CLK DTM is realy nice (although the vodafone one is excelent as well (and i got that for a tener)), but from my small collection of mine and a friends, its got to be the Scalextric Skoda Fabia WRC. it looks so good were scared to race it hard!

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
The Amon/McLaren Ford MKll 1966 Le Mans winner is my all time favourite sports car and Scalextric did a very nice job of it, every time I use my track I have to drive this car.

David

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Ahhhh now, the MkII gt40s...

Why have both fly and scalextric put 8 metal carbs with a coverplate as the visible bit of engine? The MkIIs (at least in 1966) had that fabulously quirky glass jam jar for a carb!

Much as I love all the models of the MkII, this important (to me) detail nocks it off the top spot for me mk26.jpg

I do still like it a lot though

Attachments

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
What a great question but very difficult to answer......

Probably my Rev/Monogram Corvette - Spirit of Sebring. But if David wants to give me one of his Formula one cars I could be persuaded to change my mind....

Regards

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Cannot decide between these two...

both brilliant cars, excellent detail and flawless finish.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
For my money in that price range I'll opt for the Revellogram Corvette Grand Sport... The #2 car.

To my mind it truly captures the aggressive car that Foyt called "a dinosaur" as one blew past him at (I think) Sebring. I love their Daytona Coupe too... However the handling is better out of the box with the Vette.

Both cars are a hoot to drive sans magnet and after lowering and tweeking

Greenman62

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Autoart Countach 5000S.
I guess it cheats on the livery being all red.
Accuracy and detail?
I don't know, but it looks fine to me.

I have four Autoart cars now, and I think they are all good enough to be somebodys favorite.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
QUOTE (astro @ 11 Jan 2005, 18:13)Ahhhh now, the MkII gt40s...

Why have both fly and scalextric put 8 metal carbs with a coverplate as the visible bit of engine? The MkIIs (at least in 1966) had that fabulously quirky glass jam jar for a carb!

Much as I love all the models of the MkII, this important (to me) detail knocks it off the top spot for me View attachment 155

I do still like it a lot though
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the same reason that the Scalextric's overall shape is wrong!

For the same reason that Fly got it marginally better! The rear is better!

For both firms using MKI fronts! No bulges on the front or hinges on the hatch!

For Fly not to paint the rear air scoops the same as the body colour!

For Scalextric to not have the New Zealand flag on the drivers front section!

For both firms to use the 5 litre webers on a 7 litre car that ran with a Holley!

For tooling and cutting costs purposes thats why they are toys not models!!!

Regards Allan

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wow
this is a hard question.
Is it my ninco NSX? (looks fab goes like stink), the scaley TVR's? Flt capri's? there is to many that must be why i am skint.

No my deffinate fav (maybe) is my OCA Nissan 300ZX body on a HRS sidewinder chassis. Even though i haven't got round to painting it yet.

Wayne

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hmm, tough question...

I think I have to go for the Carrera Aston Martin James Bond DB5.
Since I am a bit of a James Bond fan I had to have this car, and in my opinion it is a really good looking model. The accuracy isn't something I can say much about, but it looks good in my eyes.
The only drawback in my eyes is the lack of a full interior...

André

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (GT40MKII @ 11 Jan 2005, 21:06)1/32 Cox Cheetah!!!

Regards Allan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For under £30??

Do they do more than one colour?

Mr.M

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
No just the normal black, when I bought in a collection in the mid 80's it was around £25.

That was the same as me being shown a mint boxed Cox cuc bought for £8 by well known slotcar collector.

Regards Allan

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I decided that my beautiful SCX Audi R8 in Gulf livery was in fact second to my carrera Le Mans Bentley.

paulw

1 - 20 of 25 Posts