SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that was a good thread Slik started Big Mistake, It makes me wonder what extreme thing have you done to get the cars into the house.

I can start it by saying I had a few die-cast cars building up in my office I wanted to get home to my collection, but the stash was getting bigger by the week, so I wrapped them up and gave them to my buddies who in return brought them to me as a birthday gift.Do you not think my wife was not getting a little suspicious when my buddies were bringing me $100 cars for my birthday.Now the slot's are taking over I cant wait to christmas,boy are my buddies good to me.

Stewart

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Now that is about the sneakiest I have ever heard

There was one month I really did go overboard and the better half got understandeably annoyed when the Credit card bill came in.
Worse still, just prior to the offending bill arriving she had taken a week off work and every day for that whole week I knew there were packets due to arrive.

A constant stream of Postmen knocking on the door asking for Customs payments, signatures and handing over a myriad of different sized packets was going to seriously deplete our stock of plates and probably dent the rolling pin more.

So, panic hat firmly on head I nipped off down to the Post Office and filled out one of those 'Please delay delivery of ALL items as we are on Holiday' forms.

Cost me a minimum amount, got me off the hook till the bill arrived and the only comment was "wow! you know something ? that has to be the first week ever, that we have NOT had bills through the door, I wonder if the postman has been sick"

How do I hide all the tell tale packaging? Easy . the boys at the recycling centre know me by name already

·
Registered
773 Posts
@ Swiss - just tell your better half, that you're picking up the mail for me as I'm in the office till nicght - and that I'll pick upo these cars later

Should work in both directions
and would help us to expand the collection

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
A couple of weeks back, someone started a "are there any Female members" - i seem to remember a couple of yes replies!

Tread carefully chaps! - i'm OK my email goes to the office so my wife doesn't see!

However - how do the women on the forum get their cars past their partners (PC - ment husband, but have to be careful)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts