SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the most over rated car was the first Slot it Audi, but it has been improved so I'm not so sure.

my real choice would probably be the Scalex GT40's, they were everything then suddenly someone at scalex thought an MG was a good idea and accidentally tripped over themselves, but then again, it was making people buy both!

Inte

·
Registered
230 Posts
For me, it would be the Fly "racing" GT1-98 Porsche. The one I got is no faster than a standard Porsche, even though it has a faster motor. The rest of the car was, well, junk. The little front tires didn't fit on the wheels well, the car would deslot easily, etc. My standard version outperforms the racing one. So the "racing" version would be the most over-rated car for me

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would say the FLY GT- 40's we have been waiting so long and still nothing!! I am satisfied with the scalextric versions!! Allot of you might disagree, but what about the racer version of the Vanquish also!!

Lee

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
There is an interesting one - The racing version of the Vanquish !

Does anyone actually have one? if so would you be prepared to do a comparison review between it and a standard version?

Lancerlee ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would have to agree also on the Fly 98 Gt-1 evo1. Mine too had bad front tires,windsheild never would stay in and it was no faster than my other modern fly's. My Venturi's take it apart! Second to this list would be the Spirit 512M. What a disapointment that ended up being.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
I've got a racer Vanquish (see my GS review) - haven't got a standard one. I'm going to paint it up and enter it in our clubs classic races. Had no problem with it after some tweaks (the diff fix (although did not have excessive wear)), inc front axle play and trim some protusions.

My biggest disapointment so far were the prev chassis carerra bentley - looks beautiful but I could not get it to run - still in bits waiting for some love and attention.

Matt

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldnt mind having a go at seeing what i can do with one of these bently's but I cant bring myself to buy one.. anyone want to lend me one so i can see?

Inte

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Did not Slotcentre do a comparison on the Spanish site of the VMG racer and standard cars?

I have looked at the cars in my collection and I honestly cannot think of one that could be classified as overated. They all pretty much perform as I has expected them to. I just wish that Slot.It had put a stronger magnet in the Audi but as a no magnet car it is fine.

If I have to select anything it is the idea of the Vanquish MG differential being hyped up as helping a car to corner to faster.

Moped

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Oh Jamie!

You should have added your trademark "runs away".

The Hornby police are gonna be after you for that one

Mr.M

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
The biggest disapointment to me has been the vanquish cars being overscale as they cannot be realisticaly raced against any thing but another vanquish
Graham

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE I wouldnt mind having a go at seeing what i can do with one of these bently's but I cant bring myself to buy one.. anyone want to lend me one so i can see?

You can borrow the one I got early from Thomas, as run by Wankel mate.

EMail your address OR I can bring it on the SF Tour at the beginning of november and we can get together then or I can leave it with Sean for you.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
QUOTE If I have to select anything it is the idea of the Vanquish MG differential being hyped up as helping a car to corner to faster.

What?

Me? In agreement with the "Rider"? Surely shome mistake?

That diff daydream of theirs and the digression from 1:32nd. What were they thinking?

Actually, I also think Hornby have flattered to deceive in recent times: pretty cars, too fast for the strength of their own bodywork (GT-40, 'stangs, Cameros) and too fiddly internally (Merc headlights, argh!). But they, like others seem to be prepared to listen more and more. Whereas I fear that Lotus 72 will not be 1:32.

Boo, hiss.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
er yeah go on..

Has Wankel still got it? if so he could send it up and we could post it round the country?

I will email you the addy.. also, are you goin to visit us on monday night?
should be interesting to see

Inte

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Inte' No I have it back, which is how I wanted it, not on an extended UK Tour

I will get it off to you ASAP, play for a couple of weeks and send it back OR to Seans and I will pick it up from there.

As for a Monday visit, I doubt very much we will make it this time, driving from Zürich to North West of Paris, then onto the UK and all the way North and back down again in 4 days...Wrexham is just going to b a bridge too far mate sorry.

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
most over rated car? fly 98-gt1 race version i dont even think the motor fits in another car
also just standard vanquishes the diff kept poping apart

i also think scalextric should re relaese an improved version of the classic mini

1 - 20 of 21 Posts