SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls and boys. New track ahead and I thought about a targa once more. Something with a passage through some suburbian village. Therefore I am looking fwd to see your photos and links of any kind of one or two-story building that could fit the theme.
Any links or ideas? Thank you for your help. Any idea welcome.
Regards Jens

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Most buildings tend to have at least some 'spirit of place.' Not sure that there are many Australian buildings that could be mistaken for elsewhere, except maybe Kiwiland.

Some old commercial buildings from surrounding townships. Some are still in use, some are not.

Embs

·
6,455 Posts
Ok. So, perhaps I'll take back my spirit of place assumption. These are just from small townships within about a 40km radius from home.

There are a few more in the bucket album if interested, collected for source photos for current and future projects.

This was my great grandmother's cafe.

Embs

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Hi Jens,
I'd love to share, and there's litterally loads of reference materials available, however, I'm not sure I get it when scrolling through the post, so a few clarifications, please:
'Targa': Are you thinking of a Sicilian/Italian Targa Florio theme? Any particular time period?
'Suburbian village': Palermo suburb, small Sicilian village or something completely different?
Br,
Christian

·
6,455 Posts
A targa is a style of race rather than a specific one. A road race as distinct to a tarmac rally. But I suppose it's a little closer to rallying than circuit racing.

Sure Florio is probably the most famous targa of all. Targa Tasmania is probably the best known current one in this particular part of the world.

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
ZITAT(Mr. Olufsen @ 22 Mar 2012, 08:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Jens,
I'd love to share, and there's litterally loads of reference materials available, however, I'm not sure I get it when scrolling through the post, so a few clarifications, please:
'Targa': Are you thinking of a Sicilian/Italian Targa Florio theme? Any particular time period?
'Suburbian village': Palermo suburb, small Sicilian village or something completely different?
Br,
Christian

Hi Christian, hi all. Well, "targa" in my case is thought to be a race on public streets with different kinds of cars from different aeras, passing through the countryside and villages without any specific safetyfeatures than some bales of straw or something similar. My favorite "time of happening" is somewhere inbetween the 1950s and 1980s without searching for a really existing targa as example to be the thing I'd like to build. It is just the kind of race that interests. It furthermore should get a little surealistic touch. I like the "smell" of suburbs with their combination of living commercial buildings and left ones as well of house people live in. I am a little bit after the buildings I tryed to figure out with my 1960s gasstation you can find on the link in the signature below. For now I didnt decide anything, so I am thankfull for everything you add to this thread.

@Embs: Special thanks, very great.

Regards Jens

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Love the blue & white boat, Steve. Does it come fitted with guide & braid? Anyway, there's too little water in my scenery.

Jens, I'll be retreating, I thought maybe you were looking for Targa Florio reference material, I guess I'm just too preoccupied with my own ideas

Looking forward to keenly following your work on the new track.

Br,
Christian

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Yes, there seem to be some nice ideas outthere. Thanks. I am looking fwd to see your further ideas. Regards Jens

@Steve: The waterside-theme seems to be a very attractive one, I like that "Cornwall" scenery. Maybe mix it a little bit surrealistic with some other styles?

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...Yapp! Getting better every day, what about bleeps scenery (looks like Michelstadt in southwest Germany?) with some cormwall cottage style buildings and some down under sheds? Lets see! Regards Jens

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.