SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Didn't want to say it myself but the guy has a point here. Will UK Johnnie's dad be that happy with the out of the box performance of these little gimcracks?

Bagsy I don't get the tight inner lane!

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
QUOTE And theres another problem with the packaging that no one has commented on - they forgot to put 'Scalextric' on the front of the boxes!

Or perhaps they were too ashamed!

Um? If the tyre wears, isn't it eventually going to slip into the slot?

[Edit after seeing the photos posted above]
You have to put all that carp on the outriggers to get it to perform decently????

I know I'm the voice of doom and negativity an' all but that's a joke.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
I oh so nearly made a MotoGP purchase last week whilst on Guernsey. My conscience was pricking me and making me think that I really should try one of these 'half-a-car' thingies before venturing anymore of my opinions.

I was tempted.

I resisted.

Then I found the Model Railway exhibition on the island and there the very helpful chappy had a small figure of eight Sport set up.

He also had MotoGP in stock... with a demonstrator.

Thank the memory of Great Aunt Betsy I didn't buy one the day before.

Deslotted at slow speed.

Deslotted at what passes for high speed with a bike and was sloooow.

One word.

Four letters.

CARP.

· Premium Member
7,877 Posts
Thanks, but I'll pass.

I should point out (I should but will I?) that the helpful chappie showed how to make the moped successfully negotiate the standard radius curves at one end of the circuit by lifting the track and 'banking' it, so perhaps these should be sold with a rider (oh, you're funny man) that they should ONLY be used on banked corners.

I just can't see these novelties making for droves of contented purchasers. Not when the average punter is going to set the track up on his average carpet; with all the subtle elevations that introduces.

I give them two years in the catalogue. No more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.