SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,052 Posts
QUOTE You have to put all that carp on the outriggers to get it to perform decently????

No, you have to put that amount of weight on to perform in a way without magnets that satisfies lotus03 on Carrera track if I read the review right.

Carrera track slots are 50% wider than SPORT track slots.

Please keep the emotion out of the review and keep it factual. Good reviewers should let the readers make up their own mind and lotus03 favours an arrangement without magnets so his review will be helpful for other like minded Slotforum readers.

No doubt lotus03 will apply black paint to any outrigger set up arrangements when they have more permanence rather than the being the temporary arrangement used during his test. And for clarity in the photograph surely it is better for all that he does not paint the weights at this stage in his testing so that we are able to see what is required in the view of lotus03 to offer him the drive that he wants.

Moped

· Registered
1,052 Posts
QUOTE I don't see any sign here that Scaley has produced a slot "vehicle" that deserves great respect!

You would expect me to disagree so I will. Considering that the MotoGP bike design has about as little magnetic downforce as any Scalextric vehicle in recent times it performs miraculously considering it is faced with Newtonian laws of physics. If you want Trans Am Mustang and Camaro type performance then put a bar magnet in, but not on the stabaliser.

Was it Morgan who produced a three wheeler car with one wheel on the back and two on the front?

It would be very interesting indeed to see somebody make up a Morgan three wheeler type scratchbuilt car using the MotoGP chassis. My feeling is that the moment this is done by somebody is the moment non magnet racing club rules will have to be changed as a slot car with this design will win everything in sight!

Why?

Because there will be only one rear wheel putting the power down on the track with a direct drive to that wheel so more of the power from the motor will be getting to the track with less being lost in friction from bearings and the effect of having two rear wheels fighting for grip as the outside wheel is taking a wider arc than the inside wheel, yet spinning at the same speed.

It sounds like a job for GRAH1. However, at this time is anybody prepared to cut up their brand new MotoGP bike to scratchbuild a three wheeler car?

It would be a world first for anybody who did, so a bit of eternal fame would be in order for that person.

Although I would guess that spares will soon be available to enable this type of scratchbuilding to take place.

Moped

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.