SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I've gone and bought myself the large MotoGP set (Sete and Vale) and have found myself disappointed with the degree of banking in the curves, ten degrees I believe. I was thinking the actual curves would be moulded to a banked shape and more like 45 degrees. I have seen the old classic track ones and was told that these weren't a great success as many cars didn't run on them. I'm more a bike nut than a slot nut and was really hoping for a smidge more realism, or at least the illusion there of.
So I guess my question is,
does anyone know if Scalextric plan on releasing any new banked curves as I think it is a must to keep the biker converts happy.
Also, just quickly, can someone explain how the track fixing clips work. Do you tack them down and would this be strong enough to hold the track in place if it was vertical when not in use.
Thanks heaps
Marcus

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
I seem to recall that there was a suggestion that SCX were introducing some banked curves a while ago. Have a search about this forum, the page would still be here...somewhere.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Another option would be to sell the Scalextric tracks and get some Carrera ones with proper banking curves...............

Ahem, I'll get me coat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.
I'll check my option. I spoke to my LHS guy and he has a mate who is happy to get rid of his banked curves real cheap.

Marcus

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, just wondering,
has any tried how the bikes go on the large radius crossover (C8203) . And what does it mean when they refer to two pieces of track the same but one is refered to as "loose".
Cheers
Marcus

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
try to take a bike and hold it in the slot on some of the banked curves. The reason that scalextric discontinued it was because some of the cars would not run properly on it. Make sure that the guide still sits deep in the slot when the bike is on those track pieces.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
they are actually banked, however it is mild. You might be able to get away with just using the supports on standard r2 and r3 curves..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts