SlotForum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

· Premium Member
2,477 Posts
QUOTE (jonny s @ 15 Jan 2004, 03:03 PM)On the issue of speed the CVRT Scimitar or Scorpion light tank can do 75 MPH on the road.
Couldn't see how fast I was going when I got to play in a Scorpion.... waaayyy too tall to drive tanks so couldn't see the dials since the horizontal surface was in the way! Managed to accelerate quick enough to make my mate (in the commanders position) slip off that silly bit of metal you stand on and gash his legs open! Then the b****** did it to me when it was his turn to drive...

Coop

· Registered
2,611 Posts
That`ll be the infamous `Turret Monster` Coop! Bloody scarey in a Scorpion but terrifying in a Main Battle Tank if you get caught in the traverse...Ouch
never happened to me but did to my loader. He got eaten by `TM` and was screaming, we thought he said traverse left to get his leg out so we did but he meant traverse right. He was not a happy man, walks with a major limp now. We nick named him `Wobbly`He loves it

· Registered
3 Posts
Ecurie. I read the same thing about the bike leaning earlier in the week. Maybe a mod will crop up in the future. Too expensive they say. If they wanted to do this properly they should have just bitten the bullet and done the job. I am thinking about buying a couple of the bikes and leaving it at that. Probably the Capirossi Ducati and the Rossi Repsol. Other than that I am sketching out a few ideas for making the bikes lean but getting round to making them will depend on work/family/sleep.

· Phil Smith
4,487 Posts
I think that the only way to have the bikes leaning would be if they were fixed in the slot so thay could not de-slot, otherwise the inertia of fliping from a left to right lean (or vv) in a 'S' bend would through them out of the slot at anything like a racing speed.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
From an inertia point of view the centre of gravity has to be very low and the addition of lead weight at the very lowest possible point on the MotoGP design could make an aweful lot of difference to handling prospects and future tilting prospects.

This additional weight though has to be taken in the context of the smaller motor that the MotoGP bike has so its a bit of a balancing act literally!

I wonder if maybe Hornby could develope a tilting conversion kit rather than incorporating it into the product which in so doing would raise the initial price quite considerably.

In fact a tilting conversion kit sounds like a splendid idea if anybody wants to produce one!

Moped

· Registered
391 Posts
I will buy one or two, but only from a collector point of view, and not for using them on the track; imho they will follow the path of other strange slot objects, as horses and turtles and other things; time will tell.

Ciao

· Registered
1 Posts
Back in the late seventies I started to try to adapt the recently released system used by an RC bike where the front forks of the bike slewed to an angle in order upset the weight distribution and therebye cause the bike to "fall" over one side or the other. The geometry used a lot of castor, allowing the free steering front wheel to self steer, a bit like when you ride a cycle with no hands. The missing mechanism from my system was a servo to shift the weight- Scalextric, of course, employed just the bits I needed, remember the old "You Steer" sets. Back then, of course, I was an Art Student, so this knowledge was right "over my head". I wonder!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.