SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a silly question, but I have recently picked up a few of the slim-jim Electronic Goldmine motors first mentioned here by Ecurie Martini. Unlike normal Mabuchis, they do not come with guide wires, and the brush clips apparently are intended for some type of plug-in connector. Could anyone who has used them explain how they connected the wires? The clips look very delicate. Can you simply solder on to them, or perhaps wrap the wires through the holes and secure with a bit of silicone adhesive? Are there specific plug-in connectors available? Many thanks,

mp

·
Registered
19 Posts
Speedy, if you don't mind me asking, do you have the model number of that motor. I need a slender motor for my Mach 5 project.

WHat country are you in? When I have that challenge, I first head to Radio Shack to look for connectors that will fit.

·
Al Schwartz
3,396 Posts
QUOTE (speedyweenie @ 2 Nov 2004, 17:52)This may be a silly question, but I have recently picked up a few of the slim-jim Electronic Goldmine motors first mentioned here by Ecurie Martini. Unlike normal Mabuchis, they do not come with guide wires, and the brush clips apparently are intended for some type of plug-in connector. Could anyone who has used them explain how they connected the wires? The clips look very delicate. Can you simply solder on to them, or perhaps wrap the wires through the holes and secure with a bit of silicone adhesive? Are there specific plug-in connectors available? Many thanks,

mp
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Solder works quite nicely - just tin the end of the lead wire, apply a bit of rosin flux to the connector and touch it with a small iron.

EM

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Solder works quite nicely - just tin the end of the lead wire, apply a bit of rosin flux to the connector and touch it with a small iron."

Thanks Al. I'll try not to melt the whole shebang.

To Rocket Launcher, I don't have the model #s at hand, but if you do a Slotforum search for "Electronics Goldmine" or "Lago Talbot" in the scratchbuilding forum, you should turn up a number of relevant posts.

mp

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Solder works quite nicely - just tin the end of the lead wire, apply a bit of rosin flux to the connector and touch it with a small iron."

Thanks Al. I'll try not to melt the whole shebang.

To Rocket Launcher, I don't have the model #s at hand, but if you do a Slotforum search for "Electronics Goldmine" or "Lago Talbot" in the scratchbuilding forum, you should turn up a number of relevant posts.

mp

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Rocket Launcher.....If you can't get hold of the motors from Electronic Goldmine, the motor from the Scalextric MOTOGP bikes is exactly the same size. It comes with a neat little motor bracket that you might be able to use. They should be available from your local Scalextric stockist.

Regards

Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts