SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I write this post if someone can help me. I am from Spain so I apologize for any mistake I could make.

Here I put an image to explain what I am trying to do.

You can see a formula-1 slot circuit and down in the photo there is two little triangles that lets the car go straight or enter into boxes. Someone knows how to do it?? Basically, I want to know how to make the electric part, because the rest is no problem for me. I dont know what kind of material I must have to do the triangle moves to the right or to the left with only a bottom pulsation.

I will be pleased if someone can help me because I don´t find anything in internet.

Bye!!!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Hi there.
Try model railway turn-out motors. The swift acting solenoid types should suit your purpose and fit neatly under your baseboard.
Very cool track btw.
Lowrider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Nuro @ 29 Jul 2004, 19:00)Hi gabijgg, welcome to the forum

You can see the rest of Martin's track here.

He used the method and designs at www.132er.de.

Have fun

Thank you very much. Both pages you have sent me I know them, but in the german one, the only thing I don´t understand is how making the yellow triangles move in the way I like. What kind of system have the author used to move the triangle??? is the some motor as railways??

·
Al Schwartz
3,378 Posts
Looking at this picture from the site:

It appears to me that the system is like a model railroad. A shaft extends downward from the point and has a crank at the end. This crank is pushed or pulled by the model railroad solenoid and this motion turns the shaft and pivots the point.

EM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts