SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

It always facinates me to see people ask the same question in several places. Almost like they expect different answeres and are "checking us out"!

Anyway, Not for the poster, i have already answered that. If mabuchi has not changed the system since the last I looked, here is how the current motors were listed:

toy motors with strips for contacts: FA130s
toy motors with small carbon nubs on the brass strips(Fly, NC1, Scaley, MRRC etc) FC130s

Toy motors with metal inset endbells(fox, cheeta et al) FK130s

Toy motors from SCX with proper endbells: FT130

Fate

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing that sinister Prof. !
I just saw the ad. for some motors at a good price ( $20 for 10 ) and as I had not got a reply on the other board decided to post here as well .
I wasnt "checking you out" just a lack of patience on my part and perhaps a tad of paranoia on yours : )
I promise I wont do it again ....

Richard

·
Registered
386 Posts
Not really paranoia, just puzzlement!

I am only online in the morning while I drink coffee and wake up. Finish the coffee, and I am OFFLINE! So, my answering quesions might take time.

But I re-posted anyway because the question comes up a lot.

Frankly, cheap motors are "throw aways". I only use stock S cans when required by the rules. The FCs go "off song" in 3 to 12 races and aren't worth rebuilding. When scratchbuilding, I try also building a motor that will last longer AND be rebuildable.

Fate

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I think we are on the " same page " now !
I do get your point , but when you only race for fun at home and have 10 airfix and resin bodies sitting gathering dust , it seemed a quick way to get them going .
My only access to parts is through the internet as none of the local hobby stores seem to carry any spares beside braid,s .

Richard

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I know, I know. My prejudices go this way: Where I am, a new Scaley, Ninco et al FC130 throw away is about $12.....as is the SCX FT130. The SCX is rebuildable. You can get at the bushings and replace them, brushes ditto. And so on. Not with the others.

So.

If the motor is 50cents, It lets the smoke out quickly.

Fate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts