SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
The last ones, that were fitted with magnatraction, use the Hornby Group C wheels and tyres.

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
QUOTE (athrlyth @ 31 Aug 2012, 23:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have tried the Mini tyres and they are too big. and group C tyres don't mean nothing to me I'm afraid.

Yes, sorry, that was a bit vague reading it back.

By Group C I meant the original Hornby Scalextric Porsche 962, Sauber Mercedes C9 and Jaguar XJR9. They all used the same wheel and tyre combo apart from some of the later variants like the Wild 360 cars and the Supercats set cars.

This is only for the later magnatraction sidecars like "Racing Red" and "Yellow Flash" or the White and Yellow set bikes or the "Power Rangers" bikes. If you have the earlier - but same bodied - ones that were basically black with either green or red and silver flashes (C281/2) then it should have small Superslix as fitted to a lot of 70s/80s Scalextric cars. If they are too big I can't help as they were the smallest tyre, diameter-wise, fitted to any Scalextric sidecars.

Are they actually Scalextric?

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
If it's the early one - pre-magnatraction and mainly black, with either red or green graphics - C281/2 - then it should have small superslix as fitted to many of the small saloons of the 70's and 80's and the front of most of the similar period Grand Prix cars.

If it's the later one - magnatraction and either mostly red, yellow or white or the Power Rangers versions - then it should have the tyres fitted to the Group C cars Scalextric produced around the same time Jaguar XJR9, Sauber Mercedes and Porsche 962.

Ortmanns are certainly available for the early ones, not sure about the later.

The chassis are interchangeable though so as we are talking about second hand items of 20/30 years ago, it may be best to put a picture up. Or perhaps a link to the Ebay sale.

· Jim Moyes
6,520 Posts
Ortmanns are a replacement for the originals which have more grip.

You could also look at Mr Modifier's entry in the Hobby Traders section.

Here

I don't know if his are grippier than standard or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.