SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

What is the difference in performance between a motor with candrive and endbelldrive?...if there is one.

Is a sidewinder configuration faster than an inline with the same motor?

Morten

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
drive from the can end is generaly better as theres less load on the brush gear and less chance of oil and debris gettinto the motor,but on a slot it car then I would recomend use of the reverse motor mount as it seems a better fit and allows the magnet to fit in the right place .
Re the side winder thing the the weight disrtibution should make the car handle better but in practice on a lot of tracks the in line set up can be as good although with more powerfull set ups the sidewinder will put the power down better and more efficiently

·
Registered
446 Posts
Probably not with the same motor but the Scaley GT40's have a Sidewinder motor configuration and out-of-the-box, they run like
! Without a mag, they'd go even quicker, great for powersliding with a magnet though.
The inline motor with shaft on the Fly Lister is very quick out of the box-I love it so much I bought a 'Vette Speedvision with the same motor configuration!

I think fitting a light kit to the Lister has slowed it up a bit;I half wish I hadn't done it but I think the reward of having super power lights outweighs the speed difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.