SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what makes a motor better?

RPMs?

what is the difference in performance between a 26k RPM motor and a 35k RPM motor?

is it that a 26k will accelerate out of the turns faster?

--------------------------------
What does RPMs do?

make car have a higher top speed? acceleration? etc?

if you guys could answer these questions if would be appreciated.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there!

A faster motor (higher RPM - revolutions per minute) is just that, faster. This does not necessarily equate to a better motor though.

The best motor will depend a quite a few factors such as longest straight on a track, amount of corners / technical sections and the chassis of the car you are placing it in.

For example a friend put a Fly racing motor in one of the older type Fly Vipers and it really did not like it, in fact I could quite easily beat him over 25 laps in an unmodfied Viper. Bring on the new Viper with it's different design chassis and the story is a very different one though. It comes as standard with a racing motor and can lap a second a lap quicker (over 22 metres) than the older one.

Quite often a higher RPM motor will have less torque than one a few thousand revs less in my experience. I'm not the best person to talk about this though as I generally leave my cars box stock in the main.

I really like the Ninco NC5 at the moment as it has a good top speed and lots of punch out of the corners. My favourite motor though is the Ninco NC1, which is probably the slowest I own!!!

Hope this helps a little?

Cheers,

Julian.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
My advice is to take some time and read through the last 12 months of topics on the forum. There is allot of info already here. You don't have to read every post - look at the titles. Also use the search facility. Every word of every topic is indexed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts