SlotForum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
QUOTE (masmojo @ 12 Apr 2012, 19:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have used HO car motors in a couple of scratchbuilds, my main issue (and I would like to stress that as much as I worried about it, it was a Non issue in the last race) was that they use a very small pinion and the shaft in most HO motors is small as well. This is fine for a small HO car, but my Heller Mini, even though it has the footprint of an HO car was probably twice as heavy with it's brass chassis. That car was not run too much, but I fear that if run very much at all, I would have trouble keeping pinions on it! We used to have problems breaking/losing pinions on our HO cars when I was a kid, with 1/43 it's going to be twice as bad!!

Well, I have just bought a pile of small motors with shafts of 0.985 mm dia.
And I found brass tubing that fits the shaft very "snugly" ( does that word exist ?? ). O.D. 1.98 mm. Small pieces will be glued or even soldered to the shaft and then turned down to the diameter needed. No problem.

Roland

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.