standard straight) anyways whats the best way for mounting track? On to
cork tiles on the base board? this is the proceedure for mounting model railway
track.
Many thanks Lonestar

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hi Lonestar and welcome!

In my opinion, no need for the cork tiles, which railroaders tend to use more to deaden sound than anything else, though you might want to do that, I guess. If you have a pile of cork tiles already, I would suggest using them to make borders for the outside of your curves - if you have the space for borders.

Have you made a baseboard that will take all three Carrera sets in one layout?
What is the baseboard surface made of?
One non-destructive and reasonably easy way of semi-permanently mounting track is to lay it and then run a thin bead of bathroom caulk along the edges of the track. Then weight the track down flat (gently) until cured. This method ensures that the track can still be removed fairly easily if ever needed. An alternative is a hot glue gun which will probably be faster and only needs to cool rather than chemically cure, although I believe this will be a little bit more difficult to remove if ever needed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, at the moment im just
finishing a new extension on the side of our house,waiting for the arrivle of our
second child (was due 4th may) and so we have this vast loft space!!
Slot racing one side model railway the other!!.
As our computer system was down all day yesterday spent a lot off time
on the carrera track thing! my intention is to build a two lane track using three "Le mans" sets the design i've come up with has running length of 13.64 metres (equal length) One long straight & lots of curves using a space of 3.8m x 2.9m, & as Im(mad
) collecting older cars 1950/60ish it will be my idea of a section of the
"Mille Miglia" so Im looking forward to the land scaping. the base board will be made up on ply/mdf with bracing on the under side. as i have made a few railway
layouts this would seem to me the best way to go!!
anyways the system is now up so perhaps I'll fet on with some work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts