SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
A really nice scale appearance and fabulous detailing!
Its clear to see, you have worked on making the photos look right. The way you have framed the view with trees in the foreground in the first pic gives a great sense of depth and realisme!. Looking forward to some more pics!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few more pics (still working on the website)

A higher angle shot of Turn 5, the final part of the "Esses"... showing the concrete patches at the apex:

Moss & Fangio round the same corner...

A wider shot of the North End of the track (pardon the clutter)

The same view, 4 months ago...

·
Premium Member
2,716 Posts
Nice track! Can I ask you where the trees came from? Did you make them?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Wow!!! That's a fantastic looking track you've got there
!! And it looks like great fun to drive too, I can't wait to see more pictures
. What's the address to your website, or is it still in the construction face?
Oh, how I wish I had that kind of space to build on too...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Answers to a couple of questions:

Trees - They're by Woodland Scenics. They make some "value packs" of ready made trees - 12 to 25 trees in a pack, depending on the size. The big trees are about 8-inches tall - well short of "scale" size, but large enough to give the feeling of lots of trees without dwarfing the track & cars. I use a bit of brown and olive drab spray paint to take the plastic shine off the trunks and tone down the green of the foliage, but that's about it. I used Woodland Scenics static grass and foam ground cover around the rest of the track.

Website - Still early in the construction process. I'll post the URL as soon as there's something to look at.

Size - The track occupies about half of a single car garage. It's 16-feet long (enough space for marshals at each end) 7 feet deep. That left enough space for my workbench, shelves, for models, my spray booth, and a variety of other tools, etc. There are shelves under the layout for storage, and two people can pulled the track into the middle of the room to make scenery work and cleaning much easier along the rear straight.

Thanks for all the kind words. I've been working on and off since last November, and it's really fun now to be at the stage where the track is starting to come alive.

Nils

·
Registered
35 Posts
Stefan,

The grassy areas are covered with a "static grass" flocking material made by Woodland Scenics - similar to the same kind of flocking product by Noch. I used several different shades of green, mixed together.

The grass was applied after everything was painted an earth color.

Some areas were also covered with clumps of colored foam foliage, to represent weeds or deeper grass.

Nils

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.