SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see some positive ideas on how the club could move forward and improve ?
I first joined the club back in 93 and I remember eagerly awaiting the Journal falling through the letterbox each month . Ebay hadn't yet started and Swapmeets were some of my favourite days of the year !
I stepped away from the hobby for a few years and now Slots are big business

I rejoined the NSCC and I have to say this months Journal is one of the best I've seen

I've no wish to revisit any old arguments but it does seem with the surge of the internet the club has stalled ? It must be tough to produce a relevant monthly mag when info is so instant on the internet . The private sellers ads at the back have all but gone and swapmeets are shrinking .
What is the way forward for our club ?

No mudslinging please ! Just ideas you'd like to see , or things we already do well and should keep

Geoff

·
Registered
486 Posts
Regarding the 'members small ads', unlike the SF.com site any member CAN post For Sale, Wanted and SWAPS (anyone remember those?) ads, That was one reason I joined way back it seems now, in 1994.

I believe you are correct that the Mag has to compete with on-line journals, and the standard of articles does cover many areas of interest. Not all of the articles appeal to me, but, someone has taken the trouble and made the effort - and without wishing to contribute to another recent thread here, that includes the Editor(s) past end present. The rest of the committee also play an important role in ensuring the Journal is delivered, cars are presented for review by 'real people', events are put on, need I go on?

Any organisation large or small required 'willing' volunteers, I guess brickbats are more common than bouquets tho'........

It is my experience that members are more likely to let you know their opinions on things they don't like.

Two old pennies worth.

·
Registered
166 Posts
In light of the recent release of 2 slot magazines (pdf and hard copies avaialable), is there any plan to have a pdf version of the journal? I'm not sure if a virtual-copy-only subscription could be a viable idea for the NSCC, but I think I would rejoin more readily if it was cheaper for a pdf version.

Even if that wouldn't work, it would be nice to be able to download a pdf aswell as receiving the hard copy (as a full member).

I haven't rejoined yet this year, so apologies if this has been discussed in the journal.

·
Martin Kay
728 Posts
We are planning to trial an online version primarily for our overseas members (if they are keen to have one) due to increasing postage costs, in the New Year. However there are technical and distribution issues to overcome first, so it's a case of "watch this space" for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts