SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· John Roche
4,369 Posts
Hi David,

I haven't been to the club for some time as I'm trying to work more in winter so that I can afford to work less in summer when I want to be gallivanting off to Bordeaux, Parma etc. I keep getting offered shifts on club nights. Also the weather hasn't been very biker friendly.

I agree something needs to be done and we need to make a decision soon so that entrants to Double Trouble and other meetings can arrange hotels etc. I don't know of any suitable premises. If we move to Corby I'm even less likely to appear in winter but would enjoy the longer ride in summer.

I am however still proud to be a member of what I believe to be the most diverse club in the country. Any move is going to increase our costs, what can we afford to pay if we move to another premises? I am happy to pay weekly subs even when I can't get there. If you let me know the club bank details I can set up a standing order. I will also try to make it to the work party when it is arranged.

Cheers

John

· John Roche
4,369 Posts
Considering the above I would support a move to Gavin's place and if we're going to do it we should do it as soon as is practically possible.

Personally, the extra distance to Corby wouldn't make much difference to my attendance. If the weather is biker friendly and I have no other commitments I would enjoy exploring different routes on club nights.

I'm booked on a guitar workshop during the morning of Saturday 21st but could come along after it if a work party is arranged, I'm free on the Sunday.. I'm away the following weekend. I do have days off during the week though and if left some simple tasks to get on with I could do them then assuming I could get access.

Thanks for the offers of help Simon & Steve.

Cheers

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.