SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· David Farrow
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all Wellingborough club members

As most of you will be aware the building we occupy in Wellingborough is in a state of uncertainty. I think we can no longer deny something needs to be done. I have tried all the ways I can think of to contact the land lord, even dropping a letter through his door, but I have not had any response. We could hang on until something really bad happens; the roof is already in a very poor state and is very unlikely to be fixed. A brief chat between club members was held last night where our options were discussed. One of the members has some space in his business premises in Corby but it's not ready and as he has broken his hand, may not be ready for some months unless we help him to get the place sorted out. I was hoping to get this started on the 14th but as he will not be there that's not possible.

Its not a 'done deal' we will move there and if anyone has any other ideas for a venue please come forward as all options are welcome. It may not be possible for all our members to get to Corby so another venue could be better.

Df

· David Farrow
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi everyone especially John.

Sorry if this seems like a bombshell but we do need to move. Some of you may know the engineering company that we rent the room from has gone into liquidation and while the building is owned by his family members, I have not been able to contact any of them. There were other rooms in the building that were rented out and they are all empty now. We are the only ones left.. So it's only a matter of time before the building is sold, vandalised, squatters move in, the roof caves in or we are simply locked out. It's been like this for some months now. The other issue is the electrical supply, it comes through the ground floor and we don't have any access to it, at some time the lights may well go out. Mick tells me we have been there since 1998 so it's with sadness we have to come to this decision.

We had discussed moving before and it was decided it would be the last thing most of us would want to do but I think we are better shifting now at a pace that we can control.

The space that has been on offer to the club will unfortunately not be suitable for everyone and I wish we could find somewhere closer to either Wellingborough or Northampton. Could any members that won't be able to make it to Corby please let me know either on this site or please email me at [email protected] . We would need to get some idea how many of the members will follow us. If anyone knows of anywhere we can go, please step forward. We would need a space of 25 feet by 80 feet if my memory is correct. I think Mick K has the size.

The plan, such as it is, is to get the new place sorted before we move and if we are not there then we should still be where we are. If we do end up going to Corby then we need to lend a hand to get the place sorted out as quickly as we can. I hope and I can't see any reason why we won't be up and at least limping by the Double Trouble in April. It depends on how much help we get from how many. The club has some funds behind it and we should manage the cost of the move not least as we haven't paid any rent for a while!

I thank you John for your offer to pay every week and welcome your endorsement for our club, a club that boasts a diversity you help to build, but I don't think we need to accept any other payments that are any different to any other member.

If anyone has anything to add then please do.

David Farrow.

Just to point out
RACING WILL CONTINUE AT WELLINGBOROUGH UNTILL FURTHER NOTICE

· David Farrow
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you Steve for your honest reply.

A club is its members and with good members a club can overcome any problems and we just have to do the right thing. Should anyone know what that is, please let me know. As I said before, the move to Corby is not a 'done deal' and if others can explore all other possibilities I am sure we can come up with some place.

Thanks

Df

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.