SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not seen this MPC car before . Apparently , the body was supplied , and directions on how to make the chassis . It's not what I call a well balanced and proportioned specimen . More like a stretched limo than a slot car .
Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood Car

Product Font Rectangle Plastic Grass

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After studying the pics ...it looks like a model car , converted into a slot car . The asking price is ridiculous.
Zig

·
Administrator
10,529 Posts
I think I ran into the auction you're referring to Zig - yes, absolutely a conversion and a crazy price. I may have tried messaging the seller, but if I did never got an answer. Somebody who's this delusional or dishonest will generally not answer...

Do you have the link?

Don

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I searched that model after I posted . There was an unfinished kit with parts missing and the guy was asking around $100 . Don't know if it sold or not , the site wouldn't disclose .
Zig

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
That guy is in Fort Collins, Colorado and has no less than 8 negative feedbacks within one year... don't expect any response from that crook. And of course the car is as fake as it gets.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
There was a guy in Australia converting Volkswagen Beetles from model cars to slot cars, he was asking only A$40 for them , and clearly states they were conversions . And they looked really great . At least he was totally honest about it .
Zig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts