SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Renown Mazda #55 will be landing in 2-3 weeks.

Apparently the actual model looks even better than the pictures. This model is completely tampo printed and there are no decals on the car. Each one comes with the card in the box, positioned in the case like the way FLY does.

Chassis is Inline Motor Configuration. Same spec as the Black Car.

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
That's my Xmas competition prize car, can't wait to get my hands on it!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've read good things about the first Mr Slotcar Mazda. I may catch heat for this, but it looks better than the Slot.it version. The wheels look great!

Mike

G

·
QUOTE (Doug @ 9 Feb 2012, 19:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>... This model is completely tampo printed and there are no decals on the car...

Is it based on an Orange plastic body like the SlotIt? When I look at the above picture in the left wheel arch it looks that way. I didn't like the plastic look of the SlotIt Orange at all, I will have to see the car in the flesh first before I will Buy it.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Three years in the making, and this is the result?

The Slot.It and Le Mans Miniatures versions of this car arrived in 2009, and both are visually way better looking than this version.
Apparently MrSlotcar hasn't been very lucky with his OEM franchise enterprise in China...

The front lights with green border looks really awful: Wrong size, wrong shape and wrong color (!).
Also the signature "hubcaps" on the front wheels are missing. Not to mention the clumsy border around the front windshield.
(Compare model and real car below).

(For comparisons also with the better looking Slot.It and LMM versions of this Renown 787B, use Google picture search.)

I like this car, and I've got both the Slot.It and LMM versions (and also the earlier SCX model).
But though I've eagerly awaited this one, I'll now definitely pass. As I've already got the MrSlotcar black test version of this car,
I also kinda know what to expect from manufacturing quality in the mechanics.

In two words: Not impressed.
Sorry.

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
I quite like the car but...

Slot.it beat it to the market place and also has an established following which is a tough act to follow.

However if the price is under 40GBP it may establish a market for the brand.

The spares options are actually the secret to the car/brand but you have to sell the car first and therefore without an established brand to market it needs to be priced effectively.

Really Mr Slorcar needed to have a unique model.

Oh and the Slot.it Taka-Q Toyota is on its way

·
Tel
4,032 Posts
Why release a livery and car already done by one of the best names in slot cars ?
The models themselves are well made and use quality parts, but IMO not as good a performer as a Slot It, (I have had both).
Then they cost more, looking at web prices, which doesn't help !
Granted, the wheels look better though

Still, maybe the Nissan R89 will be out soon ? .... as no-one else curently does it that might be the hot ticket for Mr Slotcar

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hi Guys,

What you really need to know is the following !!.

Purchase a 30k slimline motor, a sidewinder motor pod, gears to match ( see Pendles site ), you will not believe it !!!!!.

This transformed the car,

seriously,

beyond belief.

vbr Chris A.

G

·
Now that's good news! Thanks Sean.

So it was worth it to wait so long for the car. I actually was very eager to buy and try a car from this brand but I had my mind set on this livery, I was kind of disappointed that the Orange from SlotIt was colored plastic.

It has been a long wait which makes the moment that the car will run around my track even more satisfying.

@CJA, a car marketed as a serious competitor to SlotIt and NSR should not need a 30 euro overhaul. Especially since this one is higher priced than the black one.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Chapman -

I think you are unfair to pass judgement on the car now... It said in the original post that this isn't the final version. Maybe they'll include the wheel covers (personally, I think it looks better without them).

Savage -

"Why build this car if it was already done by someone else." Between making CAD drawings and producing a slot car and all the parts - especially if it's your first model, could take a couple of years to plan and bring it to market. For all we know, Mr. Slotcar could have planned on producing the Mazda before Slot.it. Remember, Slot.it is an established brand/company that already has suppliers, manufacturers, shipping etc. in place... So their turn around time is faster. Besides, wouldn't you like to have options? Believe it or not, there are those who don't like every car that Slot.it makes.

Mike

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
I like it! I think Mr. Slotcar captured the overall shape better than Slot.It which to me looks a little bit too elongated. Now, don't get me wrong. I believe Slot.It is the best value in 1/32 cars out there but not every car they make looks 100% accurate to my eye.

And the slot car comes with a rotary engine too!

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
QUOTE (sacesta @ 10 Feb 2012, 21:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>And the slot car comes with a rotary engine too!
Very clever

I'm so close to pre-ordering one of these. I already have the Slot.it version, but this is my absolute favourite livery of the Mazda, so that's not an issue. It might even be interesting to try and compare the two. If this version can go further than 0.8m on my Classic track, then it will already be ahead of the competition.

·
Registered
20 Posts
do want, badly....

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 9 Feb 2012, 18:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Renown Mazda #55 will be landing in 2-3 weeks...

Photoshop 'Saturation' is a bit OTT isn't it :?:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts