Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Steven Dudley
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just to let you know we are holding a pre-season Test 'n' Tune Slot Drag meeting at Hoo this coming Sunday 4 September.

Entry/racing is free, all we do is ask you buy your drinks at the bar! Keeps the hall owner happy!

Set up/Racing from 2pm, (TWO pm),

The venue is

The Sturdee Sports and Social Club,
Stoke Road
Hoo
Rochester
Kent
ME3 9LT

Basic directions... A2 (M2 junction 1), follow the signs to Grain A289, then following the Grain signs onto A228, pick up the signs for 'Kingsnorth Power Station' which will turn you right into Stoke Road, continue towards the river, the road will bear left to a new roundabout turn right and the entrance to the Sturdee Club is on the left.

Cheers

Steve D

·
Steven Dudley
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well what can I say, another cracking meeting at Hoo, thanks to all those who turned up. Highlight of the day for me were two perfect reactions of 0.0 on the lights, shame my cars weren't as fast as my finger!!! Vaughan Andrews also posted a perfect reaction later in the afternoon. Special mention must go to Mark Bubb, who ran consistent 0.7's all afternoon, although on one run he did set a new track ET record at 0.516 sec, well done Mark. We had time for one elimination race and Paul Avis turned out to be the consistent racer with several 0.7's. The final saw Tony Mills against Paul, both using 0.7 cars and it was a very close race, both cars together all the way down the track. Paul taking the win by a gnats ****, posting a 0.697 ET, well done Paul!!!

Might be able to get some pics later, I'll post them if I do.

Cheers

Steve D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts