Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, here are some pictures of the Jaguar XJ13 that Gary Cannell built for me, some time around 1990 - 92.

It has a fibreglass body and I can assure you that the photo's do not do Gary's workmanship justice. The door and panel lines look wider and deeper in the photo's than they actually are.

The louvres on the bonnet are superbly reproduced. I haven't yet counted the number of rivets to see if Gary got it right. The shape of the windscreen is wrong (it's just a piece of clear plastic that has been bent to follow the contour of the interior) but this can no doubt be corrected by vacuum-forming them.

I really wish that I could take photo's of the quality that Swiss and Moped take!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
The 13UO again! What were they for?

Sorry- lovely car. It's great to have an absolutely unique model in your collection, isn't it? And what a cool one that is.

·
Registered
714 Posts
One of my all-time favorite cars!
Thanks for posting that Russell.

I must add that it has been a revelation to me that Gary of MRE, until recently and for some years,
just a voice on the phone, is a skilled modeller.
I am genuinely impressed!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Russell, I have a shaky hand but am good at racing, so following that, those with a steady hand mustnt be so good at racing.. although I suspect swiss has a mini tripod.. must get one next time I go to jessops!

Rob,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts