SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Tore
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I've been sporadically collecting some MRRC/Airfix cars, and until recently they have just been on the shelf, but I want to prepare a couple of them for use, and especially the clubman's (slimline chassis) seem to need some adjustment to get the guide flag seated properly into the slot.

Is it possible to remove the guide flag from the steering assembly to shim it? It seems so delicate and "assembled" so I did not dare to use any force on it, the problem is that barely half the guide flag is seated in the slot when checking the car on a setup-block. I've replaced the braids with modern soft tinned braids but the problem seem to be that the front assembly is designed for smaller front wheels. I have the problem on both the Aston DB5 and the Honda F1 which seem to use the same type of front tires.

I've also noticed some play in the rear axle bushings, even on the Honda which is unused. Would it be stupid to use the CA-glue trick on the bushings? or is OK to have some play in the rear axle on these cars?

Tore

· Tore
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. I also found the instruction manual under the box tray, and that shows how the guide is mounted

The Aston drives quite nice, but as this picture show it won't take much of a bump before the guide pops out:

I think I'll try to find some spare guides and see if I can glue on an extension, and also true the front tires a bit. BTW: I've seen some MRRC spare tires on the bay marked "30's", "40's", "50s", etc.. would any of those be the right tires for the Aston?

BTW: here is my humble classic MRRC collection

I'm not looking to race these, just take them out for a Sunday spin at 10 volts now and then

The Honda is missing the wheel inserts, and the standard Porsche 804 (Johnson motored) has wrong rear wheels, and I'm not sure if the driver head on the 804 is original. But other than that the cars are in good condition, the Honda body and chassis looks like new but the Aston needs some cleaning up and new rear inserts. The other Aston kit is unopened and I think I'll leave it like that

A rendezvous between classic MRRC and new MRRC

BTW: Was the Porsche 804 ever released with the slimline chassis?

Tore

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.