SlotForum banner

MRRC BRM P261 build

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  JamieG 
#1 ·
Our club has a class for early to mid 60's GP cars, and the MRRC BRM P261 is my latest build for that class.......I stole wee Jackies head from a Slot-it GT40 (I did not have a Stewart tartan decal, and there was no chance I was going to paint one), added goggles, a face mask, goggle/helmet straps.

I used some spare grommets (ferrules ) for intake trumpets built up chassis and away we go..(BWA inserts/wheels)

The paint is not by any means a perfect shade, has too much metallic content, and the metallic particles are too big, (as would be expected for a 1:1 paint).

Anyway it is completed, looks good to me, and I will swear to any naysayers that I obtained the paint directly from the Owen group.

Cheers
Chris Walker

See less See more
#9 ·
QUOTE (munter @ 11 May 2011, 14:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It would be hard to find a neater chassis build...
I think it looks great and I would love a look at the rest of the Honda in the grid pic.

regards

Hi John, The Honda is also from MRRC, and is on a MRRC "Clubman" chassis, as is the MRRC Eagle. I will get around to building a chassis for each of these, with a FF/FK motor, which permits a more scale ride height.........and, the scratchbuilt chassis handle much better !!

Cheers
Chris Walker

Honda based on Ginther's 64' Mexico car.

#11 ·
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 11 May 2011, 17:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That Honda is a real beauty.
What`s the story with the Porsche?
Cheers,
Kev.

The porsche is a Lindberg body shell. I am not sure of the origin of the driver......I found him in my parts box a few years ago, and as he looked fairly "60's F1", I had several resin copies made. He looks miles better (and sits lower) than the molded in Lindberg driver who was removed.
I built this chassis using modified BWA front and rear brackests, .055 rails, BWA wheels/inserts, and stuff from the parts bin.......runs very very well!!

Cheers
Chris Walker

#14 ·
Beautiful work on both the bodies and chassis, Chris. The results show the character of the GP cars of that period.
For the record, when you wrote "Honda based on Ginther's 64' Mexico car" you would have meant 1966. A little finger trouble there, presumably.
Rob J

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
John,
don't give up! I am in your situation and just started scratch building cars and chassis. What I can tell you is that, even if the result is not even closer to the ones in this forum, it is very well rewarding and a great experience

But I understand how you do feel when you see this excellent examples of engineering work.
I take them as my target, maybe in the future I can be as good as them

Cheers,
JamieG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.