SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, guys
just a quick question...I am anxiously awaiting any news of the promised MRRC Cheetah, but I can't find any info on whether it is on the drawing board, when it is ACTUALLY expected. Obviously I can't wait...I'm guessing everyone here can't wait either (maybe it's just me, but I LOVE the classic style MRRC's). What's the scoop?

cheers,
John

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
No good news i'm afraid. The Cheetah has been delayed until at least March 2005. The Porsche is also behind schedule, possibly released for the year end but don't hold your breath!
The next two MRRC releases will be re-liveries on the Toyota Group5. Some re-work has been done on the Toyota Driver, he now looks out of the windscreen and not the sunroof! (and before anyone says it i know the Toyota doesn't have a sunroof!). Pictures can be found here.www.pit-stop-distribution.co.uk
Sean

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE (GT40MKII @ 26 Oct 2004, 23:51)So no sign at all of the Chapparal 2F?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be careful how you designate the Chapparal - If you get it wrong you WILL get flamed both on and off the board.
Seems it upsets people, are you SURE it is a 2F???

·
Registered
446 Posts
QUOTE The next two MRRC releases will be re-liveries on the Toyota Group5

Why dont they get on with the Cheetah etc. because they will get more money from a completely new model than a re-livery of an already released model?

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Hi Max,

A repaint is a lot cheaper to issue than a new model, the investment in moulds etc. has already been made. MRRC is only a small company without the resources of Scaley or Ninco. It costs thousands to bring out a new model.

John

·
Registered
446 Posts
I realised that because they've already spent the money on the type of car and a re-livery would be much cheaper, but if they saved the cost of the re-livery, it would take a small chunk out of the cost of another model, which I'm sure would get more profit than a re-livery.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Swissracer and JohnP OK I cannot spell Chaparral. But when your my age you cannot do much more. Yes it was the 2F 1967 BOAC 500 winner enclosed coupe with wing. And I saw it in a MRRC catalogue as a future release. If MRRC have the rights to release the Revell and Monogram tooling. I am wondering whether the cheetah is based on some other tooling ie Strombecker? Or is it a completely new product?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
OK so you wise guys can spell it. Can you pronounce it?
Sha-parral?
Cha-parral?
Cha PAR ral?
SHA parral?

You say tamato, and I say tomato....

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hi, guys
ok, with all this Chaparral stuff going on...gotta ask a trivia question:
anybody know what Chaparral refers to? (no fair searching the net)

cheers
John

PS think "meep, meep"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts