SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have just stumbled across two MRRC Ferrari 275P-bodies. I´m beginning to assemble and paint one of them. It´s a beautiful car

Now I need some advice for a chassis for these cars

What is the best chassis for these small cars and where can I buy them? And on top of that, I would very much like to hear your advice on which wheels (hubs + tires) you would recommend for this little beauty. It has to look as "real/original" as possible.
Looking very much forward to your answers

Danny

·
Registered
545 Posts
dannyboy,

Check out EJ's Hobbies. He makes a nice repro revell brass chassis that would work well under it. He used to sell a strombecker 275P with a repro strombecker chassis but has retired the car. The pictures and article will show what it looks like with the chassis though.

EJ's Hobbies

Jay

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I am also sure that the new chassis from Pendle will do a treat!

As for wheels etc I guess that depends on budget but MRRC still do wheels and tyres.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

The MRRC Ferrari 275P is a re-pop of the 60s Monogram body of the car.

EJs brass chassis is a re-pop of the original chassis for the Mono Ferrari as well, but with extra mounts for modern S cans. They also have appropriate bits for the rest.

Another vintage solution is this. In the day, Atlas made a nice littl chassis/motor and they had adapter plates for this for the revell and mono bodies. I used THIS in the day in our club's "stock" class. And they have survived the "test of time". Now, on Ebay, "tigertompistone" has scads of the 206 motor and chassis for sale. Usually cheap. A decent choice would be to use this chassis motor; have BWA drill out a set of his wheels to 1/8th for you to match the bushings on the chassis and use the current MRRC guide(a repop of the excellent period Dynamic 659) and have a sort of period car even better.

Fate

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, and thanx,
I emailed EJ´s and hoping for a fast reply.
When I said "real/original", I meant it has to look like the real 1/1 car as possible. I want to race this car (without magnet, ofcourse) in our clubs `60´s class and I want it to be competitive. Right now I´m looking at the Ninco classic wheels, but they don´t look quite right. I´ve got the original wheel-inserts from MRRC, but where do they fit

Questions, questions........

Danny

PS. Keep those good ideas coming

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The Strombecker 275 was actually a different car a 365P2 (still its retired). If you can find a flat pan Riko chassis they were also copies of the monogram. Ortoman might have the tires for you. Good luck, I am in the same boat having picked up a white 275P body for £1 minus fittings.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
My new brass chassis will be a direct screw in fit for the MRRC/Monogram 275P

The body mounts are designed to fit the Monogram 60s line of body shells.

I also have correct wheels and inserts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I want one.......................................Looks good

Where can I get it and how much is it? I will also need those brass-inserts-thingies for the body-posts (I think?).

I think you know it, but just so there won´t be a misunderstanding: The pics you posted is not the Ferrari mentioned. They are from a Ferrari 250GTO. I´m looking for Ferrari 275P! But you probably knew that, ay

Danny

PS. I also need the wheels and inserts.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
OK,here's one of the 275 then.And the proper wheel and insert for this car.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE I've been seeing this chassis for a long time. When will it be available
It is now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey bwaminispeed,
I want the chassis and I want those wheels.......now!

Could you please tell me where to get hold of these and perhaps they have a "catalogue number"? Looks amazing

Danny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts