SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

Unless things have changed, the Clubman is a metal chassis with metal wheels and so on, a 60s style "kit". The RTR is a typical cheap, fragile plastic framed, Scalex S can, plastic wheel RTR

Fate

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's more work, as you not only have to put it together, you have to paint and detail it as well. But that's what some guys like. I did a Ferrari 250 GTO kit MRRC put out, which is similar to the 275 kit as far as the chassis goes. The chassis went together fairly well, but you do need to have patience. I had an old Revell body that fit right on, so I haven't done up the kit body yet.
I highly recommend getting the kit. Don't think it's any "faster" the the RTR car, but just the satisfaction of putting a car together with good quality parts (ex.-aluminum wheels) is worth it by itself.

BTW-anyone know where I can get the King Cobra kit? In the USA?

·
Registered
109 Posts
QUOTE (Dickie @ 16 Dec 2004, 05:01)It's more work, as you not only have to put it together, you have to paint and detail it as well. But that's what some guys like. I did a Ferrari 250 GTO kit MRRC put out, which is similar to the 275 kit as far as the chassis goes. The chassis went together fairly well, but you do need to have patience. I had an old Revell body that fit right on, so I haven't done up the kit body yet.
I highly recommend getting the kit. Don't think it's any "faster" the the RTR car, but just the satisfaction of putting a car together with good quality parts (ex.-aluminum wheels) is worth it by itself.

BTW-anyone know where I can get the King Cobra kit? In the USA?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Dickie
I don't know about the kit but I've got a complete car for sale at £60 with it's original kit box, see my website at www.derekcooper.co.uk

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi Derek,
Thanks for the reply
, but after the conversion, and then adding shipping, it looks like it will be about $110-120 for me. I don't want one that bad

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE Do they use the same body in both versions?
Yes,it is basically the same body shell in the kit or RTR version.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts