SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

2 New AC Cobras from MRRC.

MRRC Ref; MC11061 (light blue #14) & MC11062 (dark blue #11) - AC Cobra.

The old tooling has been updated.
The old front engined chassis has been replaced with the Sebring universal chassis & 21k slimline motor.

These images are of pre-production models mirrors will be added to the final production.
Expected release mid August.
Price around £35.00
For additional product information consult the MRRC webpage at www.mrrc.com

·
Registered
826 Posts
It looks nice I suppose but I'd like to see under the hood. The thing I don't understand is that there are already Cobras out there. Where the heck is the Cheetah!? If MRRC really wants to get back on the map, they should release something really different.

Randy

·
Registered
483 Posts
I never bothered with the mental front motor mrrc cobras, so i'll get one of these, #11 i think, i don't think you can have too many cars for this era.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
I think the new MRRC is doing an amazing job so far...great parts and wheels, no more having to buy Sebring chassis cars on Ebay just to get the chassis...and the Porsche 911 is outstanding IMO. I agree, I can't wait for the Cheetah either...but personally i am impressed with the speed and quality and thought they are putting into their latest effort (no disrespect meant to the previous owner who was astonishing in his own impact on the hobby). As for the Cobras...I thought MRRC was always known as the best interpretation of the body itself, but at a disadvantage for the front motor position. Isn't this a practical re-release?

John

PS having said that, personally i like the Revell body best...

·
fred
1,608 Posts
This is good news. You can get the sebring chassis to work really well with a little tweaking. The cobra will be a welcome addition to the range.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi guys!

I love the MRRC cars.. In my opinion, they are doing a great job. It seems that these new people that assumed MRRC are really decided to respect and keep the tradition of the brand.

They offer well finished cars, correctly scaled, reasonable prices and one of the best things for most of us: they try as best as possible follow their schedule regarding new releases.

Oh, and let's not forget to say that they offer a great spare parts line (from body kits to everything in their range). I can't await to have their new 16k slimline motor!!!

Cheers!!

Ricardo Bifulco

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
The original Cobra model based on the Revell snap-together kit with those fantastic grippy tyres and 18000rpm motor is a slotcar classic and it still beats the pants off many classic cars. And that cool stargazey driver was certainly on drugs

Then MRRC stuffed in that stoopid 26000rpm redcan motor and it got silly.

Then they come up with a third version? Why?

·
Registered
123 Posts
The body is certainly beautiful, but I'm not convinced with the Sebring chassis, the 21k slimline motor revs too high, has not much torque & brakes, and the gears are too offset to work a long time....

I agree with Screwneck, a better motor - a standard Mab that would surely cost less than the redcan - in the old chassis would have been more effective and more realistic.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love the old style chassis, but both drivers do appear to be searching for UFOs or something hehe.
I have always liked the retro feel of the cobras!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts