SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Porshce 910 No.24 Ref; MC-11052

New Edition Series model with fully detailed body and interior including painted driver figure.

Technical specification includes; Sebring Series chassis (Inline configuration), Universal guide, SportFix braids, 21k rpm SlimLine motor, ClipFit chassis magnet (can be moved to 2 alternative positions or removed), detailed wheels and authentic rubber tires.

Due to arrive (in the UK) in two weeks. (also due to arrive with this model will be MRRC MC11051 Porsche 910 #8.

MRRC do not say which race/driver this model represents, but IMHO it does look like Dechent & Huhn Nurburgring 1968, but perhaps some Porsche experts could confirm - G.Jex

·
Jon Grainger
3,825 Posts
Hi Gareth,

It could be the Nurburgring '68 car, however that ran with the Martini logos on the sides and back, and had a yellow 'lion' logo where the 'P' is on this model.

Lovely car though! Driver is nice!
Regards
Jon

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Not sure about the powerplant, but otherwise it is a must buy. Maybe wait for a yellow or red one though...

·
Registered
206 Posts
QUOTE (ferraif40 @ 4 Jul 2011, 09:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Gareth,

It could be the Nurburgring '68 car, however that ran with the Martini logos on the sides and back, and had a yellow 'lion' logo where the 'P' is on this model.

Regards
Jon

Lufthansa and Martine were the sponsors.
Cheers

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Beautiful model indeed, but it would be nice if they stated the race (and drivers). It is however beyond my understanding why they don't produce Le Mans liveries (for this model and the 911).

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
It's a cute loooking solid model

Pity about that narrow motor, though. The Revell cars I bought wiht the MRRC chassis and motor/gear set up were really notchy and naff

Maybe this pretty thing will help to change my experience

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 4 Jul 2011, 23:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's a cute loooking solid model

Pity about that narrow motor, though. The Revell cars I bought wiht the MRRC chassis and motor/gear set up were really notchy and naff

Maybe this pretty thing will help to change my experience

I am guessing those were the earlier Sebring Chassis cars? Chaparral, Etc.?

These later cars are MUCh better! The 910 is one of my favorites, great mag and no-mag!! Maybe not THE fastest, but definately quick and handles very well. This will be on my list as well!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
QUOTE (ferraif40 @ 4 Jul 2011, 13:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Gareth,

Regards
Jon

Hi Jon,

no. The mostly used reference, the Exoto 910, ist wrong, as far as I know. The car of course had the martini Logos, but the P seems to be right.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I must confess that I like this car and have ordered one but can't work out the provenance. I found some pictures my brother took at Angouleme in 2006 which I thought showed the car 'in costume' but there are a number of differences in bodywork and war paint. Anyway, here they are for info:

Hope you like them

Cheers

Dio

·
Ric Woods
817 Posts
Nurburgring 1000km, 1967. Drivers Jo Siffert and Hans Herrmann.

Cheers

Mooster

1 - 17 of 17 Posts