SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Administrator
11,655 Posts
Hi Carlo,

There are some photos of the early MRRC rail and slot cars on here - try a search (launch it from the entire forum, not just this section).

I don't have the exact dates at hand, but MRRC offered an early rail racing track, maybe 58 or so, and the wide slide slot track, probably not long after... both have proven extremely hard to find in the flesh!

Bernard is having trouble posting these days; I think we fixed it, but haven't heard back from him yet, so don't know if it worked!

Don

· Administrator
11,655 Posts
Hi Bernard, good to see you back and thanks for refreshing the pictures!

Just looking at my literature for some dates.

An article in the January 1957 issue of Model Maker presents a prototype of MRRC's commercial rail track, with "ready-to-run" cars. The chassis is a tray over which a "standard Scalex body can be clipped." Tri-Ang motor of course. Special motor, wheels and tires are being developed... There's also an ad in that issue for the track, including options of complete running chassis, a transformer and button type controllers.

The wide slide slot tracks, also of wood, are mentioned in the December 1959 issue, again in a review of available equipment, plus a full page ad from MRRC.

The car kit in the blister, with alternative slot guide for Scalextric track is mentioned in November 1958.

Don

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.