SlotForum banner

MRRC Toyota Celica

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  andreg 
#1 ·
Why Does Ecurie Ecosse Need One Of These?
He works for Toyota525.00%
He likes MRRC cars15.00%
He likes Group 515.00%
It reminds him of an old Tamiya kit he built00.00%
He's a collector now210.00%
Even he doesn't know1155.00%

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Any or all of the above should be valid reasons !
Actualy the fact you work for Toyota means they should buy you one as it all helps promote the Company, you could keep it on your desk as a talking point

Remember the group email you sent out about collecting and why? - this is a perfect example of what I meant in my reply mate - I HAVE to have this car because the livery is great, I will OF COURSE be selling my mint condition, never out of the box except for photos, tuned, slighty raced and well loved Blue one.

#5 ·
On a side-note - I am an admirer of sleek elegance in cars and for this reason have always liked Celicas. Such a shame to turn a very attractive car into what looks like the result of a Scrapyard Challenge to produce a military amphibian with a pretty paint job!

#7 ·
QUOTE (Tropi @ 25 Apr 2004, 09:13)On a side-note - I am an admirer of sleek elegance in cars and for this reason have always liked Celicas. Such a shame to turn a very attractive car into what looks like the result of a Scrapyard Challenge to produce a military amphibian with a pretty paint job!

As ever on SF there is a difference of opinion. Tropi, sir, I believe you to be somewhat inaccurate in referring to the car as a military amphibian. Looking at the wedge shape of the vehicle, it would more than likely turn itself into a submersible as any forward motion would want to drive the vehicle under the water
Once the car was submerged there would be very little hope of it returning to dry land under its own power, unless adequate snorkelling gear was fitted, so the term amphibian is once more made redundant

Mark.

P.S. I love the wedge shape of that Toyota - very agressive and purposeful

#10 ·
Have I missed something... When is this model out?

Regarding MRRC, they are indeed fine models, fantastic detail, drive well and IMHO good value for money. I really hope that some of the new models see the light of day soon.

Nice photo by the way (first decent pic).

Jamie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.